Last week, I announced that the winning student of Niche Site Project 2 was Perrin. And I didn't want to waste any time jumping right in and starting the coaching process!
So, Perrin and I got together on Skype a couple of days ago and went through our very first coaching call. I recorded that call for each of you to listen to today.
This is the beginning of what I hope will be a very successful Niche Site Project; not only for Perrin, but also for all of your follow along here. This is the very beginning of what will hopefully be an exciting journey with me, Perrin, and you!
I am still exploring ideas for the best way to conduct the training publicly on my blog, so today's post is just my first attempt. If you have any suggestions for how you would like to get involved in the ongoing training, let me know.
Watch the Coaching Call Right Here!
If you are ready to dive right into the first coaching call, just watch the video below! I recorded our call, along with the brief presentation that I used as a visual with Perrin along the way.
[flowplayer src=https://nichepursuits.com/videos/nsp2/call1-Perrin/call1-Perrin.mp4 splash=https://www.nichepursuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/coachingcall1.png]
What We Covered
In our very first coaching call, I wanted Perrin and I to just get our bearings straight. Overall, we needed to ask the questions of, “What is our goal for this project?” and “What is the strategy to accomplish this goal?”. We also fleshed out a couple of action items for Perrin to start working on to reach those goals.
Specifically, here is an outline of what we talked about in our coaching call:
Goals for NSP 2
- Make a good learning experience for readers of NichePursuits.com
- Learn all the steps of the process
- Improve basic knowledge
- Income of $500/mth or more
- 6 months
- Keyword Research
- Create a 15 to 20 page niche site
- First 90 days
- Could be 100+ pages down the road
- Get free traffic from Google
- SEO and Link building strategies
- Make Money from Affiliate sales, Google Adsense, or other.
- Will come as find a keyword
- Go Where the Opportunity is…
- Ideal Keyword
- 5,000+ Exact Match Searches Each Month
- Minimum 1,500 searches per month, with lots of related long tail keywords.
- Commercial Keyword – Are there advertisers?
- Low Competition on the First Page of Google
15 to 20 Random Seed Keywords
Want To Build Smart & Relevant Internal Links...Quickly?
Link Whisper makes it simple to boost your site’s authority in the eyes of Google. You can use Link Whisper to:
- Bring out your orphaned content that isn’t ranking
- Create smart, relevant, and fast internal links
- Simple yet effective internal links reporting: what has lots of links and what pages need more links?
- Amazon.com – looking at categories
- Looking around you
- At the store
- What’s on TV
15 to 20 Frustrations that people have
- List of Interests, hobbies, passions
- Video Gaming
Overall, if you watch the actual call, you will get a lot more details, thoughts, and insights than what is listed in the bullet points above. With this information, Perrin is now busily compiling a list of interests and other niche ideas that will eventually evolve into a niche site.
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
If you are interested in following along at the same time as Perrin, I recommend that you also start finding niche ideas! Start brainstorming for some general categories, and then we can dig a bit deeper on our next coaching call.
I'm also interested in hearing your ideas on how you can get involved in this project.
One of the main reasons that I am coaching someone, is to allow others to listen in and learn from what's going on during that one on one coaching. And so, I feel like to make the most out of Niche Site Project 2, I need all of you to be involved somehow.
This could be a special forum, a Facebook group, or just an email list with more frequent updates. Or I can continue to just use the standard format of a blog post with comments and responses. Either way, I would love to hear your thoughts on the process going forward. Thanks!