Welcome to Niche Site Project 4!
So, what is a “niche site project?”. In a nutshell, it's a public case study where I build a brand new site and document the journey as it grows (hopefully) for you to learn from. I plan to share everything from earnings, traffic, and even the site itself so you can check it out.
If you have been a Niche Pursuits reader for a while, you will know that I've done this 3 times in the past. However, each project has been a little bit different.
During Niche Site Project 4, I personally plan to build a niche site from scratch (I won't be coaching a “student”). However, I am encouraging readers to particpate and build a new site right along with me.
Read the posts below to get all the detailed updates!
For a quick summary of the timeline and major milestones of the project, please see the list here:
- July 31st, 2018 – I publicly announce Niche Site Project 4
- July 2018 – I selected my first niche idea before announcing the project, but write about finding a niche here (in early August).
- August 7th, 2018 – I buy a misspelled domain name for my first niche idea. Whoops.
- August 16th, 2018 – I buy a correctly spelled domain name for my first niche idea.
- August 20th, 2018 – After more in-depth research, I decide to scrap my first niche idea and select another one. Luckily before I had started my website.
- August 22nd, 2018 – I decide on a new niche. I also reveal what my “old” niche was and why I didn't select it here.
- August 24th, 2018 – I buy the domain name for my new niche.
As a reminder, the timeline above does not include every single post I've written for Niche Site Project 4. You can find all of them below. Thanks!