Welcome to Niche Site Project 4!
So, what is a “niche site project?”. In a nutshell, it’s a public case study where I build a brand new site and document the journey as it grows (hopefully) for you to learn from. I plan to share everything from earnings, traffic, and even the site itself so you can check it out.
If you have been a Niche Pursuits reader for a while, you will know that I’ve done this 3 times in the past. However, each project has been a little bit different.
During Niche Site Project 4, I personally plan to build a niche site from scratch (I won’t be coaching a “student”). However, I am encouraging readers to participate and build a new site right along with me.
You can officially join Niche Site Project 4 here even though it already started! Click here to join Niche Site Project 4!
Read the posts below to get all the detailed updates!
YOUR ENTIRE YEAR OF CONTENT MARKETING DONE FOR YOU!
1 year content strategy + 24,000 words
The Content Strategy includes keywords, volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, and optimized titles
Expert content marketing strategy combining keyword research and link building using the best SEO tools available
4 months of content creation absolutely free!
For a quick summary of the timeline and major milestones of the project, please see the list here:
- July 31st, 2018 – I publicly announce Niche Site Project 4
- July 2018 – I selected my first niche idea before announcing the project, but write about finding a niche here (in early August).
- August 7th, 2018 – I buy a misspelled domain name for my first niche idea. Whoops.
- August 16th, 2018 – I buy a correctly spelled domain name for my first niche idea.
- August 20th, 2018 – After more in-depth research, I decide to scrap my first niche idea and select another one. Luckily before I had started my website.
- August 22nd, 2018 – I decide on a new niche. I also reveal what my “old” niche was and why I didn’t select it here.
- August 24th, 2018 – I buy the domain name for my new niche.
- Sept. 10th 2018 – First article published on the site. I designate this the “day 1” of the sites real age.
- Oct. 5th, 2018 – I publish the 1st Monthly Report and share all my strategies. 20 articles published, $0 in earnings.
- Nov. 2018 – 2nd Monthly Report published. 12 new articles published (32 total), $0 in earnings.
- Dec. 2018 – 3rd Monthly Report published. 7 new articles published (39 total), $0 in earnings.
- Jan. 2019 – 4th Monthly Report published. 11 new articles published (50 total), $26.66 earnings for the month.
- Feb. 2019 – 5th Monthly Report published. 32 new articles published (82 total), $6.00 earnings for the month.
- March 2019 – 6th Monthly Report published. 10 new articles published (92 total), $15.51 earnings for the month.
- April 2019 – 7th Monthly Report published. 15 new articles published (107 total), $128.41 earnings for the month.
- May 2019 – 8th Monthly Report published. 13 new articles published (120 total), $565.44 earnings for the month.
- June 2019 – 9th Monthly Report published. 18 new articles published (138 total), $740.45 earnings for the month.
- July 2019 – 10th Monthly Report published. 20 new articles published (158 total), $1,218.41 earnings for the month.
- August 2019 – 11th Monthly Report published. 6 new articles published (164 total), $1,392.11 earnings for the month.
- September 2019 – 12th Monthly Report published. 15 new articles published (179 total), $1,109.37 earnings for the month.
- December 2019 – 13th Report published. $2,360.98 in earnings for the month!
After doing 12 months of monthly reports, I decided to stop publishing monthly updates. However, I will still provide periodic updates when I hit other milestones or have some other major update to share.
For now, I am still working on growing OwnTheYard.com!
As a reminder, the timeline above does NOT include every single post I’ve written for Niche Site Project 4. You can find all of them below. Thanks!