Welcome to Niche Site Project 4!
So, what is a “niche site project?”. In a nutshell, it’s a public case study where I build a brand new site and document the journey as it grows (hopefully) for you to learn from. I plan to share everything from earnings, traffic, and even the site itself so you can check it out.
If you have been a Niche Pursuits reader for a while, you will know that I’ve done this 3 times in the past. However, each project has been a little bit different.
During Niche Site Project 4, I personally plan to build a niche site from scratch (I won’t be coaching a “student”). However, I am encouraging readers to participate and build a new site right along with me.
You can officially join Niche Site Project 4 here even though it already started! Click here to join Niche Site Project 4!
Read the posts below to get all the detailed updates!
Get 50% off Your First Year of AmaLinks Pro! (This Week Only)
AmaLinks Pro is the all-in-one Amazon Affiliate WordPress Plugin:
- Create product comparison tables that match your theme.
- Create beautiful call to action buttons
- Create high converting showcase boxes that show price, images, and more.
- Everything you need to easily manage and create Amazon affiliate links.
For a quick summary of the timeline and major milestones of the project, please see the list here:
- July 31st, 2018 – I publicly announce Niche Site Project 4
- July 2018 – I selected my first niche idea before announcing the project, but write about finding a niche here (in early August).
- August 7th, 2018 – I buy a misspelled domain name for my first niche idea. Whoops.
- August 16th, 2018 – I buy a correctly spelled domain name for my first niche idea.
- August 20th, 2018 – After more in-depth research, I decide to scrap my first niche idea and select another one. Luckily before I had started my website.
- August 22nd, 2018 – I decide on a new niche. I also reveal what my “old” niche was and why I didn’t select it here.
- August 24th, 2018 – I buy the domain name for my new niche.
- Sept. 10th 2018 – First article published on the site. I designate this the “day 1” of the sites real age.
- Oct. 5th, 2018 – I publish the 1st Monthly Report and share all my strategies. 20 articles published, $0 in earnings.
- Nov. 2018 – 2nd Monthly Report published. 12 new articles published (32 total), $0 in earnings.
- Dec. 2018 – 3rd Monthly Report published. 7 new articles published (39 total), $0 in earnings.
- Jan. 2019 – 4th Monthly Report published. 11 new articles published (50 total), $26.66 earnings for the month.
- Feb. 2019 – 5th Monthly Report published. 32 new articles published (82 total), $6.00 earnings for the month.
- March 2019 – 6th Monthly Report published. 10 new articles published (92 total), $15.51 earnings for the month.
- April 2019 – 7th Monthly Report published. 15 new articles published (107 total), $128.41 earnings for the month.
- May 2019 – 8th Monthly Report published. 13 new articles published (120 total), $565.44 earnings for the month.
- June 2019 – 9th Monthly Report published. 18 new articles published (138 total), $740.45 earnings for the month.
- July 2019 – 10th Monthly Report published. 20 new articles published (158 total), $1,218.41 earnings for the month.
- August 2019 – 11th Monthly Report published. 6 new articles published (164 total), $1,392.11 earnings for the month.
- September 2019 – 12th Monthly Report published. 15 new articles published (179 total), $1,109.37 earnings for the month.
- December 2019 – 13th Report published. $2,360.98 in earnings for the month!
After doing 12 months of monthly reports, I decided to stop publishing monthly updates. However, I will still provide periodic updates when I hit other milestones or have some other major update to share.
For now, I am still working on growing OwnTheYard.com!
As a reminder, the timeline above does NOT include every single post I’ve written for Niche Site Project 4. You can find all of them below. Thanks!