Semrush Competitors and Alternatives That You Should Consider Trying
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Today we're taking a look at some Semrush competitors and alternatives. Semrush is one of the best-known SEO tools around. With more than 20 tools that enable you to quickly find profitable keywords, analyze your competitors' strategies, track keywords, and work on link-building, Semrush really is a one-stop shop when it comes to SEO and marketing your business online.
Because of this, Semrush has a fairly high price point, which may be unaffordable if you're just getting started.
Thankfully, there are some other great options out there that might be a better fit for you at this stage in your business. We're sharing eleven powerful alternatives to Semrush — including some great free options that you can use to optimize your content and smash your SEO strategy.
Keysearch is known for being one of the most affordable keyword research tools around. Don't let its low price point fool you — this tool packs a serious punch.
It includes a keyword research tool, backlink checker, content editor, competitor gap tool, web page analyzer, competitor analysis report, and several other useful tools. It's super user-friendly too, giving you everything you need to find profitable keywords and write content that ranks, even if SEO is completely new to you.
If you want to dive a little deeper into this amazing tool, check out my in-depth KeySearch review.
- Very affordable (almost half the price of Semrush)
- Easy to understand keyword difficulty and volume
- Easy exports (Download your Keysearch results into a CSV file, PDF, or Excel spreadsheet)
- YouTube research tool
- Easy to find profitable longtail keywords
- Great competitor analysis feature
- Content assistant gives you LSI keywords
- Content assistant tool can change your formatting
- Occasional discrepancies in data
- No phone or live chat support
Keysearch has 3 pricing plans. The Starter plan goes for $17/month with 200 searches/day. Pro Plan goes for $34/month with 500 searches/day. The free trial plan gives you a month to try out the software.
Want to give it a try? Get 20% OFF KeySearch with the code KSDISCGet 20% OFF KeySearch Here
This Semrush alternative is well-known for being one of the best tools around when it comes to finding longtail keywords. Spencer Haws is actually the founder of Long tail Pro! Although he has since sold the company, we still often use Longtail Pro for keyword research here at Niche Pursuits.
Longtail Pro's main features include keyword research, SERP analysis, rank tracking, backlink analysis, and site audit. Using these features, you can quickly identify any SEO issues with your site and find profitable keywords that you can rank for in minutes.
The competitor analysis tools allow you to see which keywords are generating the most traffic for your competitors. This gives you a shortcut to finding the right keywords to target to help you outrank your competitors as quickly as possible!
Overall, Longtail Pro is a great tool for beginners and more experienced marketers alike. It's perfect for bloggers and niche site builders looking for a quick and easy way to find profitable longtail keywords.
- Accurate competitiveness scoring
- Competitor analysis features
- Bulk keyword suggestions
- Accurate rank tracker
- Very user-friendly
- Low limits on manual and seed keywords
- Doesn't include an SEO writing tool (see our RankIQ review)
Longtail Pro's plans start at $47/month. If you pay annually, you will get 4 months free! If you want to give it a try before committing to a plan, you can try it for 8 days for just $8. The trial includes 800 keywords per day.Try Longtail Pro Here
Ahrefs is one of the most powerful SEO and keyword research tools available today (but there are some great Ahrefs alternatives). It's also one of the most well-known Semrush competitors thanks to its comparable features and similar pricing plans. It has frequent updates and deep data analytics, making it one of the most accurate tools around.
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool for digital marketers looking to boost their SEO and strategies to grow their online presence (and we have an in-depth comparison of Ahrefs vs Semrush you won't want to miss). Its main features include the site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, rank tracker, and site audit. Together, these features will give you all the insights you need to optimize your site, find profitable keywords, and outrank your competitors.
If you want to know more about this powerful all-in-one SEO tool, check out our in-depth Ahrefs review.
- Accurate data
- Great website audit feature
- Keyword deep dives
- Great customer service
- Lots of useful extras
- Useful keyword suggestion feature
- No budget plan is available
- A bit of a learning curve for new users
- Quite expensive
Ahrefs has 4 pricing plans. The Lite plan starts at $99/month for 1 user. The Standard plan costs $179/month. The Advanced plan costs $399/month for 3 users, and the Agency plan comes in at $999/month for 5 users.Try Ahrefs Here
SE Ranking is one of the most affordable Semrush competitors out there. It's an all-in-one SEO tool packed full of useful features to help you when you need to find and track profitable keywords. This commanding SEO tool will help you monitor your website's keyword ranking on search engines.
It offers many of the same features as Semrush, although the features in Semrush are a little more robust. However, it's perfect for bloggers and small businesses, essentially giving you most of the same tools at a lower price.
Alongside keyword research and backlink monitoring features, SE Ranking includes an in-depth website audit feature that will help you find issues with your site and quickly fix them. You can also monitor how well your competitors are doing and their ranking positions using the competitive research tool.
- Very affordable
- 14-day free trial available
- 100% accurate keyword rank tracking
- In-depth site audit
- Includes social media management tools
- Audit reports take a long time to generate
- Limited support
Pricing varies depending on how frequently you would like rankings updated. You can choose from daily, every three days, or weekly. The essential plan starts at $23.40 and the Pro plan starts at $42.70. There is also a Business plan starting at $90.70/month and an Enterprise option (but be sure to check out our list of SEO enterprise tools for more options).Try SE Ranking Here
KW Finder was created by Mangools. It's a powerful all-in-one SEO tool trusted by big brands like Adidas and Airbnb. A Mangools subscription gives you access to other useful tools like SERPWatcher, LinkMiner, SiteProfiler, and SERPChecker. All of these tools have been combined into one affordable package, unlike many popular SEO tools.
The user-friendly interface allows users to find keywords easily and provides in-depth information on every keyword searched. You can determine your keyword ranking option in terms of Pay Per Click, search volume, cost per click, ranking difficulty, and other relevant information.
This tool enables you to quickly and easily find out a keyword's difficulty alongside the keyword's search volume. It gives you all the information you need to make an informed decision on the best keywords to target.
- Fast and lightweight with no lag time
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Diverse SEO metrics
- Five tools combined into one (you also get SERP Checker, SERPWatcher and LinkMiner)
- Ten-day trial period
- Save keywords and easily filter search results.
- Lacks multi-platform keyword search
- Rankings can be slow to update
KW Finder pricing begins with the Mangools Basic Plan at $29.90 per month. Mangools Premium Plan at $39.90 per month and Mangools Agency Plan at $79.90 per month.Try KW Finder Here
Serpstat is a popular SEO tool that offers similar features to Semrush. In fact, it's one of the strongest Semrush competitors out there. It's cheaper than Semrush and allows you to have a higher keyword search volume. If you are thinking of cutting back on your SEO costs, Serpstat is a great choice.
It's an ‘all-rounder' tool offering features like competitor analysis, keyword research, SEO analysis, PPC research, and much more. Serpstat is striving to constantly grow and offer more to its customers.
Serpstat is easy to use even for beginners. If you have any difficulty you can seek help from the Academy section, or use their live chat feature to talk with an expert. It offers a range of pricing plans to help you get started, and you can upgrade or downgrade whenever you see fit.
- All-in-one tool
- Affordable plans
- Provides detailed analysis
- Contains unique features such as Keyword Clustering and Missing Keywords
- Batch Analysis tool enables you to make a comparison of up to 200 domains
- Free 7-day trial
- Great visualizations and detailed reports
- Unlike Semrush, it does not include social media tracking
- Support can be slow to respond
Serpstat has 4 pricing plans. The Lite Plan starts at $69 per month. Standard Plan starts at $149/month. Advanced Plan starts at $299 per month and the Enterprise Plan comes in at $499 per month.Try Serpstat Here
Cognitive SEO has been around for quite a while and continues to grow bigger and better. It's an all-in-one SEO tool that offers you a wide variety of powerful features. These tools offer extensive analyses and insights that are important for improving your SEO campaign.
Several functions like unnatural link detection and backlink analysis have assisted SEO experts in recovering or avoiding Google's updates. Cognitive SEO crawls your site and unearths areas that you can improve on for your SEO.
- All-in-one SEO tool
- Good metrics (the trust metrics measure the amount of authority and trust your website has)
- Detects negative SEO attacks
- Fixes onsite SEO issues
- Great for competitive analysis
- Shows how your website ranks in Bing, Google, and Yahoo
- Offers one-on-one training sessions
- Shows how many of your pages have been indexed
- Steep learning curve
- Old-fashioned user interface and difficult to navigate
- Quite expensive
Cognitive SEO has two plans, the Starter plan and the Business plan. Starter goes for $129.99 per month and Business Plan is customizable for agencies and businesses.Try Cognitive SEO here
Moz is widely considered a pioneer in the SEO world thanks to its robust and easy-to-use SEO tools. Because of this, it's one of the most popular Semrush competitors. It offers many features similar to Semrush such as keyword research, backlink analysis, rank tracking, and business listing management.
Overall, it's a great all-rounder that incorporates the best of content marketing, keyword research, and competitive analysis. It has an easy-to-navigate interface making it a user-friendly and practical option. However, it does not provide quite as many tools as Semrush.
Moz's key SEM and SEO features include Keyword Explorer, Open Site Explorer, and Moz Bar. You can use Moz Bar to easily view authority scores and other SEO metrics as you browse Google or any website.
- 30-day free trial
- Support team offers resources for SEO best practices and training
- Fairly easy to use
- Includes free tools like backlink research and keyword explorer
- Free MozBar Chrome extension
- No budget option
- Navigation isn't very intuitive
Moz Pro has 4 plans: Standard, Medium, Large, and Premium. Standard starts at $99/month, Medium goes for $149/month, Large goes for $249/month and Premium goes for $599/month.Try Moz Pro Here
SEO Powersuite offers similar features to Semrush and has been around for over 12 years. Over the years, it has developed a series of tools that you can use from one dashboard.
The main features include a rank tracker, SEO Spyglass (for backlink research), a website auditor, and LinkAssistant which helps with link building and outreach.
These tools enable you to get the data from your competitors and figure out what they are doing right.
- Free plan available
- Backlink auditing and research
- Compare up to 40 competitor websites
- Easy data exports
- Need to download the software
- To save projects and copy data, a full license must be purchased
SEO Powersuite has Free, Professional, and Enterprise plans. The Professional Plan goes for $299 per year, and Enterprise Plan goes for $699 per year.Get SEO Powersuite Here
Many SEO tools are costly and can be unaffordable for new bloggers or website owners. However, Ubersuggest offers a completely free plan making it a great option for beginners starting out on a tight budget.
Ubersuggest was created by SEO professional, Neil Patel. It is available on the internet and accessible to everyone. It provides you with data on organic keywords, providing insights into search volume, keyword ideas, and content ideas.
- Basic option is free and can be accessed and used by anyone
- Offers good value paid plans
- Allows you to reverse engineer your competitors' SEO strategies
- Great for finding new keyword ideas
- Keyword data includes statistics and graphs
- The word cloud enables you to visualize keywords which is enjoyable for visual learners
- Free option is limited
- Slight learning curve at first
Ubersuggest has a free plan available. However, if you want access to historical data, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan. Ubersuggest has three very affordable pricing tiers. The Individual Plan costs $29/month, the Business Plan costs $49/month, and the Agency Plan costs $99/month. There is also the option to purchase a lifetime subscription for a one-time fee.Try Ubersuggest Here
Google Keyword Planner
Keyword Planner is the oldest of all the keyword research tools and has been around for over 20 years now. It's mostly used for Google Ad keyword research, but it can also be used for organic search. It was introduced by Google as a replacement for the Keyword Tool. It's one of those tools every marketer should have access to alongside Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
To access this tool, you need to sign for a Google Ads account if you don't already have one. You then need to set up a campaign, go to Keyword Planner and start navigating the options. The Keyword Planner is primarily designed to assist PPC marketers to find profitable keywords that they can use for their paid campaigns.
Google Keyword Planner isn't really one of the Semrush competitors. However, it can be considered a useful free alternative. It provides you with search volume trends, finds new keywords, filters keywords results based on dates, location, language, and more.
- Free to use (you only need a Google account to signup)
- Can be used for PPC research
- Check data of up to 4 years old
- Visualize holiday trends and yearly keyword performance by clicks, CPC, impressions, etc.
- Hyperlocal Search Volume feature enables you to perform keyword research in a target-specific city or area making it an amazing tool for local SEO
- Difficult to find highly profitable and low competitive keywords.
- Lacks broad or phrase search (the data that is displayed is not an exact match)
Semrush Competitors: Final Thoughts
Low-cost SEO tools are invaluable for bloggers and business owners who are just starting out. There are lots of great Semrush competitors to choose from, so it's worth taking advantage of the trial periods to see which one you are most comfortable using.
One of the best value Semrush competitors around is KeySearch. KeySearch is a powerful SEO tool that has been designed for all types of businesses. It is the cheapest alternative to Semrush and provides almost all the tools you need for optimizing your website.
Ready to try it out now? Get 20% OFF KeySearch with the code KSDISCGet 20% OFF KeySearch Here
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations