After creating Long Tail Pro, one of the most common questions that I get is, “What is the difference between Market Samurai and Long Tail Pro?” Well, trust me, I could go on for hours. But rather than do that, I decided to make a video that demonstrates some of the basic differences between the 2 keyword research tools.
Overall, I have to give Market Samurai credit for creating one of the earliest mass market keyword tools. In fact, I think Market Samurai is a great tool overall, and this demonstration is just meant in good fun. I wanted to simply highlight one aspect of Long Tail Pro in comparison to Market Samurai. So overall, Market Samurai has a lot of great features, but it could be better.
In fact, I created Long Tail pro because of how slow the keyword generation function was for Market Samurai. Rather than take my word for it, watch this video.
I Busted Out the Stop Watch
Quick Warning! If you still use Market Samurai to generate keywords, you are going to be upset after seeing how much time you’ve been wasting! 🙂
In this video, I timed how quickly Market Samurai can generate the keyword results for 5 seed keywords vs. Long Tail Pro. Check out the video to see the stop watch, and you be the judge which tool works better for finding keywords.
Do me a favor. If you think any existing Market Samurai users would enjoy some of their time back, tweet this video out by clicking here.
In a nutshell, here are the difference’s between Market Samurai and Long Tail Pro that I demonstrate:
- Market Samurai can only generate 1 seed keyword at a time. Long Tail Pro can generate multiple seed keywords at once (5 at a time show in video).
- Market Samurai requires you to hit generate keywords and then once complete, push a separate button to generate CPC data. Long Tail Pro does it all at once.
- Market Samurai makes you hit a separate button to apply filters (search volume, CPC, etc). Long Tail Pro does it all at once.
- Market Samurai has to re-generate data (taking more time) if you change your CPC filters. Long Tail Pro already has the data, so filters are applied instantaneously.
- Market Samurai can only find domains after going through several steps AFTER keywords are generated. Long Tail Pro can generate domains all at once.
- Market Samurai requires your attention at every step along the way. Long Tail Pro completes all tasks after pushing one button and does not require your attention.
- Overall, it took Market Samurai about 25 minutes to simply run 5 seed keywords, and this required my constant attention to move it along the process. Long Tail Pro performed the exact same task PLUS found all exact match domains in just 3 minutes.
I obviously can’t cover all the differences between the rank checker and competitor analysis here, so I’ll save that for another post.
Have You Tried the Fastest and Easiest Way to Add (Monetized) Amazon Images to Your Content?
AMZ Image makes it extremely fast and easy to add COMPLIANT Amazon product images to your content:
- Show great looking images directly from the Amazon API to help your visitors make a buying decision.
- Super simple interface: search for a product, click the image you want, and you’re done!
- Never “manually” add your affiliate link to your Amazon images. AMZ Image does it automatically.
Overall, from my perspective and from the perspective of existing Long Tail Pro users (thank you!), the time saving benefits of Long Tail Pro are enormous. Hope this video helps anyone that may not have fully realized the differences between the 2 pieces of software.
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
And finally, yes, you may have noticed a couple of new looking things in the video. What you saw are a couple of new features that will be coming out soon. But I’ll reveal more on that at another time….
For those of you who have not tried out Long Tail Pro yet, you can get a 10-day trial version of the software right here. Everything you saw in the video is available in the trial version.
Thanks for watching, and I would love to hear any thoughts or questions that you might have below. What did you think of the video demonstration?