I was excited to interview Nick because he has a great story of how he was able to take a little side business he started and develop it into something full-time. That business was ShoeSniper.com, an affiliate site selling shoes. What’s interesting about his strategy, is that almost all of the traffic is paid traffic…mostly from Google Adwords.
So, in this episode of the Niche Pursuits podcast, I let Nick tell his story of why he got involved in the shoe business, how much the site was earning at its peak, some of the challenges that he’s come across along the way, and what he is working on lately.
What’s Covered in the Podcast?
During the course of our interview, we covered a number of topics and questions; including:
Want To Build Smart & Relevant Internal Links...Quickly?
Link Whisper is a revolutionary tool that makes internal linking much faster, easier, and more effective. It makes it simple to boost your site’s authority in the eyes of Google. You can use Link Whisper to:
- Bring out your orphaned content that isn’t ranking
- Create smart, relevant, and fast internal links
- Simple yet effective internal links reporting: what has lots of links and what pages need more links?
- How an internship introduced Nick to online shoe sales
- The early days of Paid traffic – linking directly to merchants
- Why Nick shut down his old shoe website and started fresh with a new domain.
- The story behind ShoeSniper.com.
- Getting kicked out of Google Adwords the day after quitting his full-time job (ouch!).
- How he was able to build ShoeSniper.com to a $10k per month business at its peak.
- Is buying traffic still a viable option for affiliates?
- Nick’s newest project: SideHustleNation.com
Listen to the Podcast Here
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider leaving a review right here on my iTunes page!