I always love to hear the success stories from readers of my blog. And this story is a big one.
I am absolutely blown away by the success that Hayden Miyamoto is having with small niche sites. In particular, Hayden has refined his process post-Penguin and is doing better now than before! I certainly can't take credit for any of Hayden's success, but he has been a faithful follower of this blog for some time and contacted me to share his success.
Up until this point, Hayden has essentially been “underground”. This simply means he doesn't have a blog where he has been sharing his tactics, nor does he have any training products that people would know him by. However, Hayden and I have been communicating via Skype for several months now and so I asked him to join me on podcast interview. When I first asked him, he wanted to do it anonymously…but after some discussing decided to make himself known.
As you all know, the bulk of my business has always been niche websites, and this business allowed me to quit my full-time job a little over a year ago. So, it always does my heart good when I hear of others having great success as well.
In the podcast interview today, Hayden discusses how he was making a lot of money before Penguin (he tells you how much on the podcast). But then he was hit hard with Penguin, like many of us. Luckily he had been changing his site building and in particular his link building process a couple of months before that.
Now only 2 months since Penguin, this new process has proved to be extremely fruitful – his income is already back up to $30,000 a month – all from small niche sites.
Here is what we cover in the podcast:
- How traffic from his small niche sites was higher after six months, compared to his “money site” that he had been doing SEO on for 8 years.
- How he now owns over 3,000 small niche sites
- 400 sites post Penguin are doing extremely well
- Niche Selection/Keyword research is a critical step
- Keyword value calculations
- Some keywords do not require any links to rank for
- Hayden inflates my ego with some kind words!
- Contextual targeting tool for Adsense CPC estimates
- How to “own your links” for linkbuilding
- Using expired domains
- The importance of anchor text variation post Penguin (10% or less exact match, majority partial match or no match, URL only 15% or so)
- The positive future of niche sites
- Get additional tips from Hayden right here.
Of course, I always love it when someone emphasizes the importance of keyword research. I can honestly say that the reason I have been successful with niche sites is because of my keyword selection, not because of anything special I have done with link building.
Overall, Hayden covers some very in-depth tactics that I have not discussed before. In particular, some of his link building strategies are quite advanced. Hayden is willing to come back and do a couple of additional guest posts and perhaps even another podcast down the road.
Want To Build Smart & Relevant Internal Links...Quickly?
Link Whisper makes it simple to boost your site’s authority in the eyes of Google. You can use Link Whisper to:
- Bring out your orphaned content that isn’t ranking
- Create smart, relevant, and fast internal links
- Simple yet effective internal links reporting: what has lots of links and what pages need more links?
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
Since doing this podcast, Hayden has decided to put together a brief video course on some more advanced tactics that he is using. If you are interested in what he has to share, you can do below:
As always, I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts and comments below. Thanks for listening!
Listen to the Podcast:
If you have any specific questions or comments, please join the discussion below!