Jon Cooper is a sophomore at the University of Florida studying finance. Even though he's “younger”, he happens to be a respected expert in the SEO arena; particularly when it comes to link building.
I had the absolute privilege of interviewing Jon Cooper recently to discuss niche sites, link building, and more. Today I am excited to share that podcast interview with you!
I've actually referred to Jon Cooper and his site PointBlankSEO.com many times. Jon is someone who has taken the time to both discover lots of great link building techniques AND to actually document those for us all to follow.
In particular, whenever I am stuck for how to build links, I will refer to his Link Building Strategies page to spark some ideas.
In addition, I highly recommend Jon's link building course. This course gives you live examples of actual link building strategies that have worked and a HUGE list of places where you can get links right now. I've gone through Jon's link building course and refer to it on a regular basis.
If you would like to see the Jon's link building steps from start to finish, then I highly recommend you get access to his Point Blank SEO Course right here.
I wanted to get Jon's opinion on a number of topics and what's working for him right now. Here's a quick outline of the topics covered in the podcast interview:
- How Jon got started in link building
- Why he decided to create PointBlankSEO.com
- I ask Jon why he doesn't just quit school to pursue his business!
- Why Jon stopped building niche websites
- Discussion on when someone should build niche websites and when they shouldn't
- Is 10 sites better than owning just one? (A question Pat Flynn answered on my podcast previously).
- How to build links to niche websites?
- How to build links to Authority websites
- A great strategy to get links from Universities
- Link research tools mentioned: OpenSiteExplorer.org and Ahrefs.com
- Jon's thoughts on using expired domains for link building
- The future of link building: Where is Google going?
Overall, we covered a lot of these topics in detail and had a great discussion!
You can catch Jon on Twitter here: @PointBlankSEO
And of course, check out his blog at: PointBlankSEO.com.
And finally, we didn't talk about his link building course specifically in the podcast, because I just wanted solid content. However, his course is a very very good one on link building. Like I've mentioned before, its the basis for a lot the link building that I do for my sites.
Listen to the Podcast Here
As always, I'd love to hear any thoughts or comments that you have below. If you enjoy this podcast, feel free to leave a review on my iTunes page here.