Jasper AI vs Rytr: Which Popular AI Writing Tool is Better Overall?
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When it comes to artificial intelligence, there are a few heavy hitters in the market. Among them, you will find Jasper and Rytr, two of the most popular AI writing tools around. While Jasper AI and Rytr AI are similar in many ways, they each have their own unique features. This means that depending on the type of content you create, one will be better suited to you than the other.
To help you choose the AI software tool that's the best fit for you, we're comparing Jasper AI vs Rytr head-to-head, so you can see exactly how they measure up.
We'll be looking at the main features both of these writing tools offer, as well as their pros and cons. We will also dive into the value for money they offer. This can be an important factor if you're looking to generate content on a large scale.
They're both great but Jasper is the slight favorite due to the sheer breadth of its functionality. Its AI writing is perfect for emails and social media and with Boss Mode you'll be able to publish blog posts in no time. Plus they offer AI art, and more.
- Jasper AI vs Rytr: Which is Better Overall? (TL;DR)
- Jasper AI vs. Rytr: The Main Differences
- Jasper AI vs Rytr: Features
- Jasper AI vs. Rytr: Ease of Use
- Jasper AI vs Rytr: Support
- Jasper AI vs Rytr: Pricing
- The Verdict: Jasper AI vs Rytr - Which One Should You Choose?
Jasper AI vs Rytr: Which is Better Overall? (TL;DR)
In a rush? Here's what you need to know.
If you're a blogger, freelance writer, or niche site owner, then Jasper is the tool for you. Thanks to Boss Mode and ‘One Shot Blog Posts', Jasper makes it easy to create long-form content such as blog posts and email newsletters quickly and efficiently.
Jasper also has a new feature called Jasper Art, which enables you to create completely unique AI-generated images to go with your content at the click of a button.
Rytr is a great tool too, but it's not the best when it comes to long-form content. It is a good option for short-form content, though.
Rytr's stand-out features include a Chrome extension and API, which means it will work seamlessly with your favorite apps and tools.
This AI writing assistant is an excellent choice for social media managers, virtual assistants, and eCommerce business owners who want to generate effective captions, product descriptions, emails, meta descriptions, and other short-form content.
Rytr has a completely free plan available. It also offers a very affordable 'Unlimited' plan, which is a fantastic option for those on a budget.
Jasper AI vs. Rytr: The Main Differences
These are the three main differences between Jasper (formerly known as Jarvis AI) and Rytr:
- AI Images: Jasper's new feature, Jasper Art, is a powerful AI image generator. It enables you to quickly generate unlimited unique images to go with your content. Rytr doesn't offer anything like this.
- Pricing: Rytr is cheaper than Jasper, with an unlimited plan available at just $29/month. Rytr also offers a completely free plan, whereas Jasper doesn't offer a free plan. Jasper's cheapest plan costs $24/month, while Boss Mode plans start at $49/month.
- Content Creation: Jasper AI offers integrations with Surfer SEO and Grammarly to help with the SEO, spelling, and grammar of your content. It's also the only tool of the two that enables long-form content generation, such as blog posts.
Jasper AI vs Rytr: Features
Both Jasper and Rytr have a wide range of features available which means they're suitable for writers of all calibers. However, the features they offer differ. It's important to do your research and ensure that whichever one you choose is the best for your needs.
Let's take a look to see how they compare.
Jasper AI's Key Features
Jasper's main features include the following:
- Templates: Jasper has over 50 templates designed specifically to help you with different tasks. Templates include blog posts, articles, landing pages, sales copy, emails, and even social media posts.
- Boss Mode: Boss Mode helps you step things up a gear in terms of writing long-form content, helping you create blog posts up to five times faster. It allows you to give Jasper commands and looks back at your last 3,000 characters to give the best output possible.
- Community: One thing that Jasper AI does well is encouraging community and helping each other by sharing knowledge and best practices. It's easy to read up on advice from others or share your own words if you wish.
- Integrations: To help users get the most out of Jasper AI, it integrates with Grammarly, Copyscape, and Surfer SEO to ensure you create high-quality content that ranks in Google.
- Jasper Art: This new feature enables you to generate entirely one-of-a-kind, high-detailed images in seconds.
- Languages: Jasper can create original content in over 25+ languages
Rytr's Key Features
Rytr's main features include the following:
- Templates: Rytr has 30 templates to choose from, so slightly fewer options are available compared to Jasper. It also supports 30+ languages making it a great option for those that want to offer multi-language content.
- SEO: The AI writing software also offers a range of SEO support tools, including a keyword research tool and integration with Semrush, to help you get the most out of your writing.
- Tone of Voice: There are currently 21 tones of voice you can select when creating written content with Rytr. The list is growing, but you can currently choose from options such as casual, worried, passionate, and formal to help ensure that your piece of writing is exactly what you need.
- Chrome Extension: Download the Rytr browser extension to use Rytr wherever you are, including your email, social media, blog, and more.
- API: Use the API to integrate Rytr with your favorite apps
It's a tie! Both tools have a great range of features which means that they'll be suitable for a range of writers. However, their features are slightly different.
If you're looking for software that offers comprehensive checking and support for writing long-form articles, then Jasper AI is likely to be the best choice for you.
Boss Mode gives Jasper a huge edge over Rytr, enabling users to generate long-form content quickly. Jasper users can also access Jasper Art for an additional fee. This is a game-changer for content creators who want to generate unique images for their content in seconds.
Rytr includes access to API and a Chrome extension, both of which are super useful if you want to create content across a wide range of apps. This makes it a great choice for social media managers and VAs who work with a variety of clients on different platforms.
Jasper AI vs. Rytr: Ease of Use
While both AI content generation tools work in slightly different ways, they have both been designed to offer users a quick and easy way to create content.
Both have dashboards when you log in that direct you to where you need to go in order to get started with creating your content. This means even beginners should find getting started easy.
Jasper has an intuitive UI that is easy to navigate and doesn't require any prior experience to use. Content is produced quickly and easily if one of the plentiful templates offered is chosen.
Jasper also puts effort into helping you be inspired in your production of long-form copy. Comprehensive templates are provided for:
- Product descriptions
- Blog posts
- Social media
- Google ads content
- Video scripts
Stories and plenty of other layouts are also included. You will be spoilt for choice!
This flexibility in preformed layouts goes a long way to ensuring a software package that is easy to understand and use.
When starting a new project, you have the option to start from scratch using one of the Pre-built templates along with Jasper Commands. You can also choose the Blog Post Workflow, which will walk you through every step of creating a blog post, including writing the perfect title, an introduction, and body.
Rytr takes a simple, organized approach to its user interface, which makes it easy to understand and simple to use.
Combining this with the plentiful choice of templates that cover a wide range of use cases means you will be quickly and easily producing content. Customization is simple and intuitive in giving you great results and ease of use.
Another great thing that Rytr also offers is a range of tutorials, which means that if there is something you're stuck on or you want to make sure you're getting the best use out of it, reading up on how to use it and what you can do to improve things is easy.
Rytr's browser extension makes it easy to create content on the go. Simply download the chrome extension, and you can use Rytr in most popular apps and tools.
In terms of ease of use, there is no clear winner because both have clearly been designed with the user experience in mind. With easy-to-use dashboards and access to a range of help sections, getting to grips with how the software works isn't a struggle. However, they both work slightly differently, so people will have a preference, but in general, they can both be put into the easy-to-use category.
Jasper AI vs Rytr: Support
AI writing software is meant to save you time and money by enabling high-speed content writing that produces outputs that fit your criteria in minimal time.
Having concise and accurate support available when you need it is key to the whole package of performing this time-saving exercise well.
Both Jasper AI and Rytr provide good support but in slightly differing methods.
Jasper AI ensures customer support facilities that work well alongside their AI writing software by providing a dedicated Help Center and a direct e-mail facility for their customers.
The Help Center is a one-stop solution to gain support, but it is worth noting that Jasper places priority on responding to queries placed by customers with their top packages.
With 67,000 people part of their official Facebook community, they're easy to find on social media, too. This means that getting answers to your questions shouldn't be too much of a chore.
Rytr ensures quality support is available, having facilitated self-help guides and FAQ resources in their knowledge base, as well as a live chat functionality and a closed community where advice can be sought.
Priority Email and chat support is given to unlimited plan customers. They have a range of topics within their support pages, including answers to questions about the writing and editing processes and even about how billing will work, so getting any questions answered is a simple process.
It's a tie! In both these AI writers, customer support is taken seriously, and viable solutions are provided. With any software package of this nature, a learning curve is to be expected, and both Jasper and Rytr have support there for you along the way.
As copywriters will always want to produce the best copy they can in the shortest time, both packages offer suitable support to keep you on track should you need it.
Jasper AI vs Rytr: Pricing
Both Jasper AI and Rytr have a variety of packages, which you can sign up for either monthly or annually, so you can be confident that there will be a package and pricing structure that suits you and the needs of your business.
The price of Jasper AI's packages depends on how many words you feel you are going to be creating per month. This is great because it means that you can find a package that is tailored to your needs. However, to give you a rough idea, these are the main packages they offer.
- Starter: This starts at 20,000 words per month, although you can increase this if you need. You can access 50 templates and up to 5 users can access the account. It starts at $29/month and a discount if you pay annually.
- Boss Mode: This plan starts at 50,000 words per month, and can be increased as your need for content grows. You get access to everything included in the starter pack as well as access to a different editor, use of more templates, and priority chat support if needed. The Boss Mode plan starts at $59/month, with a discount if you pay annually.
- Business: For those that need more features or the ability to create more words each month, Jasper offers a business package with custom pricing and plans.
Much like Jasper AI, the cost of Rytr is based on how much content you need to create each month. However, it is worth keeping in mind that they base their pricing on characters created each month rather than words.
- Free: Believe it or not, Rytr offers a free plan, which allows you to access their tones of voice options and templates, with the ability to generate up to 10,000 characters per month
- Saver: Generate up to 100,000 characters per month, with access to all of the features that the free option has, as well as things like the premium community and a basic built-in plagiarism checker - $9/month with a discount if you pay annually.
- Unlimited: Create as many characters per month as you wish, with all of the features that the previous two plans offer. On top of that, you'll get a dedicated account manager and priority chat and email support if you need to contact Rytr at any time. $28/month with a discount if you pay annually.
For those on a budget and looking solely at cost, there is no denying that Rytr, with their $29/month unlimited character plan, is a front-runner. However, as with any software like this, it is important not to just think about price and, instead, what you get for the cost of your subscrition.
For many people, the unlimited plan seems tempting, but if 20,000 words a month are enough for you, then the starter plan on offer by Jasper AI might be just what you need.
The Verdict: Jasper AI vs Rytr - Which One Should You Choose?
So who comes out on top in the battle between Jasper AI vs Rytr?
Honestly, it's a really close call.
They're both very good AI writing tools, but the main thing to keep in mind is that Jasper is better suited to long-form content, while Rytr is perfect for things like product descriptions, social media captions, facebook ad copy, meta descriptions, and other short-form content.
If you're a blogger, copywriter, content writer, or website owner looking to speed up your content production, Jasper is the best AI tool for you.
You can use it to generate an entire blog post in seconds, meaning that Jasper can do around 80% of the work for you, while you edit, fact check, and polish the final 20%. This is a game changer for many, allowing you to create 4-5x the content you normally would without using AI.
If you think Jasper sounds like a good fit for you, you can try it for free right here.
For those who want more detail, be sure to check out our in-depth Jasper AI review here.
If you're a virtual assistant (or PA), social media manager, e-commerce business owner, or social media influencer, then Rytr is probably a good fit for you. You can try out this awesome AI writing tool risk-free by signing up for their free plan. If you find it is a good choice for you, you will love how affordable the paid plans are too!
If you want to dive even deeper into what Rytr offers, check out our full Rytr review.
Don't forget to check out our Copy AI review and our Article Forge review to see if one of these could be the right fit for you. Both tools also offer a free trial, so you can try them on for size before deciding which is best for you.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
My top recommendations