Welcome to my detailed guide on sites like Alibaba.
Don't get me wrong. Alibaba has millions of suppliers and prides itself on being China's biggest e-commerce platform.
It became so popular because China has strong relations with other nations, allowing the brand to facilitate successful trade with those countries.
Besides, many purchasers prefer Alibaba as it offers safe payment options that protect them from scams.
Alibaba allows users to stock up on essential supplies for their stores. Once you select goods, you can dropship them directly to clients. This simplifies product storage and order fulfillment.
With Alibaba, you can either purchase an item or work with a manufacturer to sell dropshipped items. If you're new to dropshipping, check out our post explaining “what is dropshipping.“
So, why would you need other sites like Alibaba? Keep reading to find out!
25 Best Sites Like Alibaba
While it has some great benefits, Alibaba is not all good. Some issues include:
- A higher initial investment required
- The goods may not look like display photographs on the website
- A minimum order amount is necessary for discounts
- Your buyers may think that imported goods are inferior to domestic ones
- There's no easy method to do a site tour before buying.
- Shipping is slower
You may not be a fan of one or two of the drawbacks above, hence the need for Alibaba alternatives.
If you need sites like Alibaba for sourcing products, to broaden your customer reach, compare prices, or more, here are the top similar sites to consider:
Conversely, long shipping delays can deter shoppers from visiting your store.
Nonetheless, AliExpress may be a terrific marketplace for small enterprises and budget shoppers if you avoid low-quality items.
- Low startup costs support many enterprises
- Minimal overheads, reducing business expenses
- Many products with free shipping
- Few sellers allow PayPal
- Poor translations for non-English users
- Lengthy shipping durations
Claiming over 9% of the global retail sale shares by 2020, Amazon has cemented its status as the biggest e-commerce site.
By 2018, the company had over 100M Prime members, making it one of the most lucrative sites like Alibaba to sell both new and used products.
Did you know you can even sell Alibaba products on Amazon?
- Easy for sellers to enroll in Amazon Marketplace
- An extensive reach of over 300M customers
- Fraudulent suppliers may steal listings
- Some sellers offer sub-standard products
Whether wholesale or mass import or export, global trade is TradeKey's strong suit. TradeKey has been connecting suppliers and consumers, producers and importers in 240 countries for years.
It's the world's first B2B marketplace to achieve ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certifications.
This site is also multi-lingual, allowing it to serve its many clients better.
- Offers a broad international market
- Quality and trained suppliers
- Shipments may take a long time
- Many annoying pop-ups if signed out
Owned by Alibaba, 1688 is another site for sourcing products in the beauty niche.
The distinction between Alibaba and 1688 is that the latter is mainly for Chinese products.
Alibaba, however, does extensive shipping right from its inception. While 1688.com primarily uses the Chinese language, Alibaba.com is available in English, French, Spanish, and more.
- Deals secured by Alipay
- No import documentation required
- Low MOQ suitable for many shoppers
- Minimal international shipments (you may need an agent)
- Sellers aren't liable for breakage of fragile commodities in transit
DHgate's customers know it's a top place to obtain amazing deals on many things. The prices are reasonable without compromising quality.
DHgate is also popular for its physical stores, also known as DTCs. These help buyers verify the condition of the product before making a purchase.
- Dynamic vendors sell over 10M items
- Free delivery is common
- Delayed shipments
- Quality control is challenging.
As an eBay consumer, you are reaping the benefits of a place where numbers matter. Having many options helps to find the perfect item for your needs.
On the other hand, selling on eBay provides a vast reach as the website has approximately 160 million active buyers.
If you're interested in eBay, check out our guide to the best things to sell on eBay.
- Many sellers allow PayPal payments
- You can search for goods by distance, price, and auction
- Vendors pay insertion and final value fees
- Too many scammers on the platform
Chinabrands is a valuable platform for wholesale products and dropshipping.
This B2B site enables users to connect with a variety of high-quality suppliers from China, assisting small and medium enterprises in increasing sales.
The variety of thousands of products to choose from is also quite impressive.
- No registration fee necessary to dropship
- Numerous product categories
- Supports many languages
- Excellent quality control
- Lengthy processing durations
- Poor customer reviews
- Slow shipments, sometimes with failed orders
TradeIndia is among India's most prominent internet directory, trade promotion, and events suppliers.
It's a B2B marketplace that helps global importers and exporters and has an ISO 9001:2000 certification.
Unlike the sites like Alibaba I've reviewed so far, TradeIndia works like a search engine, boasting 180 million monthly page views.
This company gives clients many possibilities for listing services.
- Extensive customer reach
- Fantastic customer support
- Ample selection for textile/clothing niches
- Not so budget-friendly
- The site's design is a bit bland
Global Sources promotes international trade through trade events, periodicals, and online sources.
Globally, the platform has over 10M users, providing a broad market.
Hardware, household products, vehicle components, consumer electronics, fashion accessories, and footwear are among the many categories they cover.
The platform is free for buyers looking for quality goods from authenticated suppliers.
- Relatively budget pricing
- Reputable manufacturers and suppliers
- Various shipping options based on budget
- No product control
- High minimum order quantity
Like many dropshipping platforms, Doba enables you to procure products individually rather than in bulk.
This makes it one of the best sites like Alibaba for those with a limited budget.
Doba alerts the supplier then only ships the goods ordered when a customer visits a website and purchases.
- Easily customizable inventory with product organization memory
- Ability to export data, reducing listing uploading time
- Educational resources for sellers on how to develop, export, and more
- Expensive membership
- Lengthy return procedures sometimes with exorbitant restocking fees
- Substandard customer service
Target is a product retailer with more than 50 locations and over 10M customers and vendors across the United States. It offers diverse product categories that appeal to people of all ages.
Navigating Target and finding an associate to assist you when shopping is straightforward.
Their physical locations undergo meticulous cleaning and are ready to attend to customer needs.
- Stocks all kinds of products
- Quality products from top brands
- Budget-friendly pricing
- Extensive client reach
- Horrible employee healthcare coverage
- Tricky scheduling for employees to work around
Walmart is making significant waves in the e-commerce industry while also having a considerable impact on the lives of many.
For over five years, the brand has provided the most private employee opportunities in the U.S.
It has over 2.2M workers, of which over 1M are in the U.S.
- Operates in many countries
- Affordable pricing
- Many product options
- Provides millions of employment opportunities
- Low employee salaries
- No health coverage for workers
Made-in-China only sells things from Asia. You can also communicate with individual producers.
In comparison to other B2B platforms, the MOQ demands are fair. Signing up to be a seller is super simple.
Unfortunately, this makes things easier for some dishonest sellers and difficult customers.
There are many products included. However, the emphasis is on heavy industrial and construction supplies, unlike Alibaba, which has more consumer and light industrial products.
- Easy to sign up
- Relatively more affordable than Alibaba
- Reasonable minimum orders
- Poor after-sale service
- Some products are poor-quality
- Lack of due diligence during seller registration
Taobao.com is a Chinese e-commerce platform that’s a part of the Alibaba group. It has millions of vendors who provide things at highly competitive and inexpensive prices.
You must choose a shipping agency to act as a go-between for you and the vendor. This is because trans-international shipment to the United States or other countries is not available for Taobao goods.
- Affordable pricing
- Many suppliers and products are available
- Limited currency options accepted
- Some untrustworthy sellers
JD.com has something different from opponent Alibaba in that it possesses a larger inventory. JD also has its own distribution system, making it easier to provide fast delivery alternatives.
This is similar to Amazon's approach to creating a one-stop e-commerce store that provides users with same-day and free shipping benefits.
- Extensive Chinese market with a high growth potential
- Timely deliveries with occasional free shipping
- Strategic partnerships like with Tencent that attract more customers
- Primary focus on the Chinese market
- Only allows Chinese sellers
HKTDC is an old soul in the Hong Kong trade industry with over half a century of experience. This company has around 50 offices worldwide, including 13 in China.
The firm has an immense industry command, overseeing various international trade shows over the years. HKTDC aims to help SMEs explore global markets.
This Chinese website also keeps its users informed via research reports, trade journals, and digital news sources.
- Favorable taxes to ensure reasonable profit margins
- An easily-usable financial center
- Superb service provision
- No buyer protection
- Wholesale MOQ is at times high
Thomas Net is one of the earliest B2B marketplaces still in business, with over 120 years of experience as a global source of products. They focus on helping B2B enterprises to flourish and access worldwide buyers.
Thanks to their friendly interface, products, suppliers, data, and digital technologies, you can design a more robust marketing strategy.
Their specialization in the industrial business makes them a valuable B2B China source for manufacturing suppliers seeking a niche-geared platform.
- Over 500K suppliers to pick from
- Stocks all kinds of industrial supplies
- Extensive customer reach
- Easy supplier-client communications
- Expensive to list products
- Need to lower prices to beat competitors
- Shallow analytics that requires payment
While not anywhere as popular as Alibaba, EC21 is a famous B2B network that connects customers and suppliers from across the globe, including China, the U.S., Korea, and more.
Suppliers and manufacturers can advertise a wide range of goods and sell leads on this website.
Buyers and importers may quickly search for and contact suppliers using B2B classifications and keywords. Buyers can also publish their purchasing leads to receive quotes or offers from suppliers.
- Millions of products offered
- Many monthly visitors provide a ready market
- Not the best for current games and toys
LightinTheBox Holding Co. is a Chinese online retailer. They sell everything from apparel and shoes to home furnishings and gardening items.
Despite the extended shipping times, most consumers are happy with their purchases due to affordability.
- Budget-friendly prices
- Many product categories
- Available in over 20 countries
- Some items ship free
- 10% off when buying with the app
- Occasional late shipments
- Some products are substandard
- Occasional delivery of wrong products
Gearbest is a Shenzhen-based Chinese e-tailer that mainly offers electronics. However, you can also buy clothes, toys, sports gear, and tools.
Their products are budget-friendly. You can even land a 20-50% discount.
Since it's a standard e-shop, buying is straightforward. There's also no lengthy checkout process.
- Affordable pricing with great discounts
- Superb selection of electronics and other items
- Immense quality control
- Not an excellent place to shop for non-electronics
- Shipment delays
- Relatively high shipment costs
It centers on women's clothing, including casual and athletic wear and extras like makeup and household supplies. Shein delivers to 220 countries and also sells kids' and men's apparel.
Some customers complain about inconsistent product quality and delivery times. Plus, it doesn't disclose its items' production process.
- Budget pricing
- A vast clothing selection
- Easily usable website and app design
- Various payment options including PayPal
- Free shipping above 29 Euros
- Delivery times are lengthy sometimes
- Sometimes users may get low-quality or wrong-sized clothing
- Buyer protection is sometimes lacking
IndiaMART has continued to proliferate since its inception in 1996. It has a booming business with 5 million suppliers, 50M product listings, and 2M daily visitors.
IndiaMART is essentially the Indian version of Alibaba when it comes to its structure and services. Suppliers develop websites, display items, and connect buyers online.
IndiaMART, like Alibaba, targets global markets.
However, suppliers' dependability and product legitimacy on this site may be less than other prominent B2B platforms.
If you're wondering what to sell on Amazon, many of the products on this site don't meet Amazon's quality criteria.
- Various payment options
- Unlimited free postings
- Numerous products offered
- Small international market share
- The customer help could be better
ECVV connects merchants and wholesalers directly with Chinese producers. It also offers shipping and border control services.
The company verifies all suppliers to ensure they are legitimate and their information is accurate. So the possibility of fraud is quite low.
Besides their excellent customer service in English and Chinese, the site has millions of users across 220 countries. So whether buying or selling, you’ll have a smooth time using ECVV.
- Quality controlled goods at budget prices
- Many discounts and giveaways
- Low-cost shipping
- Little connection with suppliers
- Takes two months to pay affiliates
With over a million members, ECplaza is one of the few B2B sites you can use to grow your B2B business.
This website started in 1996 and has the sole objective of facilitating trade and assisting B2B firms in growing and extending their enterprises.
Regardless, it also provides numerous services to make B2B trade more uncomplicated and more efficient.
- Accepts multiple payment methods, including PayPal
- More affordable paid membership than Alibaba
- Site available in various languages
- A relatively small number of registered members
While many IT businesses focus on software, others focus on hardware and gadgets. eWorldTrade is among the top service trade platforms available to connect buyers with manufacturers, suppliers, and wholesalers worldwide.
Also, eWorldTrade is one of the few sites like Alibaba that favors tech startups by tending to their packaging and printing needs, ensuring secure shipping.
eWorldTrade's commercial services include everything from advice, shipping, and design, promotion, licensing, and quality management.
- Quality control ensures superb supplies
- Various product categories to sell in or buy from
- Likelihood of non-authentic reviews. For instance, some of its reviews on TrustMama.com are identical.
Sites Like Alibaba: Conclusion
Whichever selections you prefer, there's always something unique you'll get out of sites like Alibaba.
If you want to sell on these sites, remember that high exposure doesn't translate to quick sales, though it improves your chances.
So, keep on advertising your business where possible.
Also, consider whether a niche-specific site with moderate exposure is better than one with a vast catalog and many visitors. It may be that most of that traffic doesn't go to your category.
As for shoppers, always check reviews and seller reputations before purchasing, regardless of which site you like.