Podcast 111: How Jon Haver Built an Amazon FBA and Affiliate Site Business That Shattered His $15k Per Month Income Goal
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Three years ago I interviewed Jon Haver from AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com because he was doing some pretty interesting things with his websites. Well, I'm excited to have him back on the Niche Pursuits Podcast because he continues to develop some great strategies for building amazing businesses.
If you are familiar with Jon and his site over AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com, you will know that he has been publishing monthly income reports for a few years now, with a goal of reaching $15,000 per month in net income from his business. His plan all along has been to quit his job once he hits this income goal and has a specific amount of money in the bank.
Well, he revealed on a the Niche Pursuits Podcast for the very first time that he is quitting his job! He has finally given notice to his employer and will be a full-time entrepreneur very soon. Join me in giving a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Jon!
Also, during the interview he shared a brand new software business that he just launched. The new software product is for Amazon sellers to help prevent hijackers from taking over their listings. The new software is called Listing Eagle.
Overall, Jon has done an amazing job building his businesses, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for him.
To listen to the entire interview, please hit play on the audio recording. Below are some of the questions/topics that we covered:
- Last time you were on the podcast in 2013, we talked about building authority websites, using expired domains for links, and other website building tactics. What has changed in your business since 2013?
- Where are you focusing most of your time right now?
- I know you have been doing a lot of FBA stuff recently (like me), and you’ve had an interesting approach of buying or building niche sites to help support your FBA business. Can you share with everyone the primary strategy behind that?
- How much of your sales are coming from your niche sites vs. directly from Amazon (estimate)?
- You publicly mentioned that you were trying to sell your FBA business on your website, and I know we chatted about it privately. Were you able to successfully sell that business?
- How did the sell go? What issues came up along the way?
- I know that you have been working on a new software product behind the scenes. How did you come up with the idea?
- How did you find the developer?
- What are some of the difficulties you’ve had creating the product?
- You track your monthly income and publicly share your goal to quit your job by the time you are 35, and hope to have an income of $15k/mth. You’ve been exceeding the $15k/mth goal now for several months…so when do you quit your job?
- What other parting business advice do you have for listeners?
- Where is the best place for people to follow along with your journey?
If you are someone that is building Amazon affiliate sites OR is involved in selling physical products through the Amazon FBA program, I really think you will like this interview with Jon.
If you would like to follow along with Jon and his journey, head over to AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com.
And finally, Jon's new product is Listing Eagle. I've been using this product for over a month now to monitor my Amazon FBA listing, and I really do like it. Jon has been kind enough to offer a special discount to the Niche Pursuits audience.
So, if you sell physical products on Amazon, I highly recommend you check out Listing Eagle Here.
Overall, I hope you enjoy the interview! And if you have any questions, Jon and I will do our best to answer them.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
My top recommendations