A little while ago, I shared the success story of Jon Haver from AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com. If you haven’t had a chance to read it yet, I highly recommend you check out what he is doing and how he is doing it.
Jon has set a goal for himself to be making $15k per month by his 35th birthday. He wants to achieve this primarily through building websites and monetizing those sites. And he’s well on his way!
I wanted to sit down with Jon and dig a little bit deeper into how he’s built a site that is making $3,000 per month. So, in this podcast you will here more details on that site, along with tons of other awesome strategies that are working for him.
This podcast is a little different as well.
I tried to keep it a bit less formal, and more just like Jon and I sitting down for a casual conversation about business. So, I ask Jon some questions and Jon asks me some questions, and we just talk shop.
Podcast Interview with Jon
Here’s some of the things that we covered in the podcast:
- The importance of outsourcing
- Learning to do things on your own
- Jon’s “Retirement” plan by age 35
- Jon’s successful site making $3k per month – PayMyStudentLoans.com
- Why Jon doesn’t pick 1 primary keyword for his sites
- How to get usable content for just $5
- How Jon turns text content into Youtube videos
- Why Jon doesn’t have any minimum search volume for keywords that he will target
- How to contact bloggers for guest posting opportunities. (Including what to say in your emails to those bloggers)
- Why having quality resource pages can make a big difference in your site’s success
- Using Expired domains. Why its important to make them relevant and able to pass a manual review
- Jon’s new site failure: what he did wrong, but also what he has done right
- Jon asks me a few questions along the way as well about my own business!
During the podcast, we covered the topic of expired domains a little bit. However, Jon has informed me that he just published a MASSIVE guide to using expired domains, that he had been working on for a very long time. So, if you want an in-depth guide on finding and using expired domains, you can read Jon’s post right here.
Want To Build Smart & Relevant Internal Links...Quickly?
Link Whisper is a revolutionary tool that makes internal linking much faster, easier, and more effective. It makes it simple to boost your site’s authority in the eyes of Google. You can use Link Whisper to:
- Bring out your orphaned content that isn’t ranking
- Create smart, relevant, and fast internal links
- Simple yet effective internal links reporting: what has lots of links and what pages need more links?
Overall, if you are interested at all in building larger or “authority” sites, I think this is a great podcast for you. And because its more of a conversation between Jon and I, we compare notes on what we do the same, and what we might do a little bit differently.
Jon is well on his way to his goal of $15k per month income, and I really think he will make it.
The best place to follow along with what Jon is doing is his website at AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com.
As always, I would love to keep the conversation going in the comments below. So, if you have any thoughts or questions, please leave it below! Jon or I will stop by and respond. Thanks again…and best of luck in your business!
Listen to the Podcast Here:
If you have a minute, please leave a review on iTunes here! (This helps others find my podcast, and motivates me to keep producing them).