A little while ago, I shared the success story of Jon Haver from AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com. If you haven’t had a chance to read it yet, I highly recommend you check out what he is doing and how he is doing it.
Jon has set a goal for himself to be making $15k per month by his 35th birthday. He wants to achieve this primarily through building websites and monetizing those sites. And he’s well on his way!
I wanted to sit down with Jon and dig a little bit deeper into how he’s built a site that is making $3,000 per month. So, in this podcast you will here more details on that site, along with tons of other awesome strategies that are working for him.
This podcast is a little different as well.
I tried to keep it a bit less formal, and more just like Jon and I sitting down for a casual conversation about business. So, I ask Jon some questions and Jon asks me some questions, and we just talk shop.
Podcast Interview with Jon
Here’s some of the things that we covered in the podcast:
- The importance of outsourcing
- Learning to do things on your own
- Jon’s “Retirement” plan by age 35
- Jon’s successful site making $3k per month – PayMyStudentLoans.com
- Why Jon doesn’t pick 1 primary keyword for his sites
- How to get usable content for just $5
- How Jon turns text content into Youtube videos
- Why Jon doesn’t have any minimum search volume for keywords that he will target
- How to contact bloggers for guest posting opportunities. (Including what to say in your emails to those bloggers)
- Why having quality resource pages can make a big difference in your site’s success
- Using Expired domains. Why its important to make them relevant and able to pass a manual review
- Jon’s new site failure: what he did wrong, but also what he has done right
- Jon asks me a few questions along the way as well about my own business!
During the podcast, we covered the topic of expired domains a little bit. However, Jon has informed me that he just published a MASSIVE guide to using expired domains, that he had been working on for a very long time. So, if you want an in-depth guide on finding and using expired domains, you can read Jon’s post right here.
Overall, if you are interested at all in building larger or “authority” sites, I think this is a great podcast for you. And because its more of a conversation between Jon and I, we compare notes on what we do the same, and what we might do a little bit differently.
Jon is well on his way to his goal of $15k per month income, and I really think he will make it.
The best place to follow along with what Jon is doing is his website at AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com.
As always, I would love to keep the conversation going in the comments below. So, if you have any thoughts or questions, please leave it below! Jon or I will stop by and respond. Thanks again…and best of luck in your business!
If you have a minute, please leave a review on iTunes here! (This helps others find my podcast, and motivates me to keep producing them).