7 Of The Best Opt-In Plugins for WordPress: But What’s #1?
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whether you're trying to create a community, grow your email list, or just collect leads, the right opt-in plugin is essential. The best opt-in plugin for WordPress should be easy to use, offer lots of customization options, and have robust analytics to track your campaigns' success.
We've rounded up our seven favorite opt-in plugins that fit these criteria and provide many features for growing your business. Once you select the best plugin for you, you can customize and set up your opt-in forms in no time.
- Top 7 WordPress Website Opt-In Forms
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Opt-in Form Plugin For Your Website
- The Bottom Line: Choosing the Best Opt-In Plugin for WordPress
Top 7 WordPress Website Opt-In Forms
Here is our list of the best opt-in plugins for WordPress.
OptinMonster is a WordPress opt-in plugin that uses popup builders to increase customer retention. You can create opt-in forms with pre-built templates or design them from scratch with a drag-and-drop builder.
The opt-in plugin uses behavior automation to target the right offer to the desired audience. Different types of campaigns available on the WordPress plugin include sidebar forms, floating bars, inline forms, and slide-in scroll boxes.
OptinMonster also uses campaign triggers to boost sale conversions. With a Countdown Timer set at the side of the screen, customers are more likely to finalize the sale before the time runs out. Other advanced features that you can benefit from include:
- A/B testing - split test your campaigns to find the best lead generation strategy for your business
- Geo Location Targeting - display targeted popup forms and campaigns based on users' location
- Exit Intent Technology - use exit intent popups to display the right message to site visitors leaving midway
Want to learn more? Read our OptinMonster review for even more specs on this plugin.
OptinMonster offers a 14-day money-back guarantee to its customers. The Basic Plan starts at $16/month and gives access to unlimited campaigns and subscribers.
Thrive Leads is a WordPress plugin that offers multiple opt-in forms to help you build your email list. Amplify your website's visual appeal with pop-up lightbox, in-line forms, screen filler overlay, 2-step opt-in form, and scroll mat among many others.
With Thrive Leads, not only do you get to play with mobile responsive templates, but you also get full control to design them with details you find essential. Notable features found on Thrive Leads include:
- Complete opt-in form solution - no design skills required to create simple or attractive opt-in forms
- A/B Testing - try and test various opt-in designs to find the best one
- Detailed analytics - actionable insights into which opt-in forms will drive the most traffic to your site
- Integration with any email service provider - use with all systems that create HTML signup forms
Check out our Thrive Leads review to learn how to increase daily subscribers by 246%.
Thrive Leads offers 2 paid plans of WordPress opt-in plugins. The basic plan starts at $200 a year. It is best for businesses that want to create attractive opt-in forms and grow their mailing lists.
Elementor Pro Popup Builder
Elementor is an all-in-one marketing platform to create an engaged user experience. It is packed with the right conversion tools to transform leads into long-lasting customers.
You can create visually pleasing popups with a simple drag-and-drop editor. Place these on the right spot of your landing page and see your email list grow.
You can design popups for email subscriptions, promotions, and announcements.
Other features in this WordPress opt-in plugin include:
- Set triggers to catch visitor attention
- Send targeted popups based on advanced settings such as the number of pages viewed, visitors arriving from a specific URL, and others
- Integrate marketing and CRM tools like MailChimp or GetResponse
Read this comprehensive Elementor review to learn more about this powerful program.
Elementor page builder plugin offers four paid plans. All the plans are geared with tools essential to create the perfect popups for your page. These include form builder, theme builder, and more than 300 designed templates.
The Expert Plan at $199/year is the most popular and allows you to build popups for 25 websites.
With numerous opt-in plugins for WordPress available, Convert Pro has risen to be a highly efficient and responsive lead-generation plugin.
You can create the perfect opt-in form using the drag and drop editor or choose from a selection of beautiful pre-designed templates. The mobile-friendly layout further assists in sale conversions and helps the WordPress site to rank higher in Google.
Other features that make Convert Pro a suitable contender are:
- Exit Intent Technology - use the right message to stop visitors from abandoning the WordPress site
- Integration with other popular email service providers
- A/B Testing - test various opt-in forms and decide on the best one
- Create multi-step popups - create opt-in forms with yes/no popups, age verification popups, and more
- Advanced targeting - use triggers to send automated messages when a customer performs a specific action
Convert Pro offers 2 paid plans for its services. The "Growth Bundle" is the most popular plan, priced at $249 annually. Convert Pro provides extensive training, product updates, a risk-free guarantee, and other advanced features for your WordPress site.
ConvertBox is an email marketing tool that engages, captures, and converts site visitors into lifetime customers. It delivers on this promise by sending targeted and personalized messages to users.
You can use the drag-and-drop editor along with pre-designed templates to add opt-in forms that match your website brand. Create a user-friendly interface by adding ConvertBox anywhere on the site, as a slide-in notification, full-page takeover, or embedded in your content or sidebar.
Other features that make ConvertBox a worthy WordPress opt-in plugin to choose are:
- Multi-step funnels - create multiple choice surveys to deliver customized offers that align with customers' interests
- A/B Testing - test and choose the best opt-in forms using real-time data
- Built-in Countdown Timers and Progress Bars
ConvertBox offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its service. It offers a lifetime account with just a one-time payment. In return, you will get access to manage ten websites, premium support, and free platform updates.
Fluent Forms is the most beginner-friendly form builder to use on your WordPress site. You can easily create different form types without any prior coding knowledge.
The drag-and-drop builder gives users complete freedom to create mobile responsive templates or take inspiration from pre-built form templates.
The WordPress plugin aims to generate more subscribers through smart conditional logic. It studies user behavior and tailors forms to show or hide certain parts.
More advanced features available on the opt-in plugin include:
- Conversational Forms - induce a higher completion rate with a clean interactive layout
- SMS Notification - instantly notify your customers when they fill in a subscription form
- 45+ 3rd Party Integrations - use the plugin to integrate with other powerful technologies, including PayPal, Stripe, and Campaign Monitor
Fluent Forms has a free version that offers limited but powerful features to drive growth. However, if you need more flexibility and all the features, you can subscribe to the premium version.
The Single Site License starts at $59 for a year and keeps you in constant contact with priority support.
WP Subscribe is the best email opt-in plugin available for WordPress sites. Just install the plugin and see your visitors transform into regular customers.
You can use the free opt-in plugin to create an email opt-in form that is visually attractive and responsive. This lightweight feature gives users an engaging experience. It ensures full completion of a subscription form rather than visitors abandoning midway.
Other features included in this email marketing tool include:
- Compatible with different SEO plugins
- Use multiple times in different sidebars
- Free email opt-in plugin that offers Aweber, MailChimp, and FeedBurner
WP Subscribe initially started as a premium plan but is now available as a free WordPress plugin. You can use the various features to create an email subscription form that drives repeat visitors to your blog.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Opt-in Form Plugin For Your Website
When choosing the best WordPress Opt-in plugin, you should look for features that align with your website requirements. Prioritize your decision based on the presence of the following features.
The main goal of any opt-in plugin is to transform leads into subscriptions. Companies then use these mailing lists to reach customers with offers and promotions.
WordPress plugins that integrate these two tasks will help reduce time and effort. Choose an opt-in form plugin that automatically transfers mailing lists to your preferred email marketing tool.
Go for an opt-in plugin that doesn't expect you to be a pro in coding. WordPress plugins that focus on easy-to-use form builders are more likely to generate better results. You can send your message across to the desired customer and utilize that time towards other tasks.
Choose an opt-in plugin that offers tools to engage visitors on a personal level. Plugins that track user behavior can send personalized and targeted messages at the right time. This will help to increase repeat site visitors and subscriptions.
There is no doubt that loading times affect user experience and engagement. Some opt-in forms can take a while to load and, therefore, do more harm than good.
Google ranks websites based on speed and site performance. Choose WordPress plugins that don't slow your site down but rather help visitors explore and interact with different opt-ins.
The Bottom Line: Choosing the Best Opt-In Plugin for WordPress
Make sure your online business strategy includes opt-in forms for your website. They're so powerful that they can make or break the success of your website. You can save time and increase conversions by automating and optimizing your opt-in forms.
One of the above 7 WordPress opt-in plugins will fit your website requirements. Pick the one that caters to your needs, and make sure you monitor results with an analytics tool.
If you'd like a more definitive answer, I recommend going with OptinMonster. We've tried many different opt-in tools here at Niche Pursuits over the years, but we always go back to OptinMonster as it handles all of our needs easily. Plus, it has excellent customer support!
And remember that when you're trying to get people to opt-in to our email lists, you just have to keep testing, tweaking, and fine-tuning until you get it right.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations