7 AWeber Alternatives to Maximize ROI and Automate Like a Pro
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Searching for the best AWeber alternatives? You're in the right place!
AWeber, while well-known, may not be the perfect fit for everyone.
If you're in the research phase, you'll find countless email marketing options, each with their own unique set of features, pricing models, and learning curves.
It's easy to feel overwhelmed. And even easier to make a hasty decision that you might regret later.
That's why we dug into 14 of the top AWeber alternatives and handpicked the top 7:
- Constant Contact
Ready to dive in and find the ideal tool for you?
- MailerLite (Best AWeber Alternative)
- Brevo (Runner-Up Best AWeber Alternative)
- Omnisend (Ecom-Specific AWeber Alternative)
- Constant Contact
- The Verdict: Best AWeber Alternatives
MailerLite (Best AWeber Alternative)
It's easy to navigate, whether you're a seasoned marketer or a newcomer.
With helpful tutorials and a clean, efficient platform, it ensures you're never bogged down by unnecessary complexities.
MailerLite's domain authentication process is straightforward, allowing you to start sending emails without a hitch.
Plus, its pricing structure is designed with your budget in mind. Many users report significant savings after making the switch.
Beyond its simplicity and affordability, MailerLite shines with its robust features:
- Campaign creation/automation
- Seamless e-commerce integration
- and advanced automation
Its targeted campaigns ensure personalized content delivery, while its performance monitoring tools help optimize your email marketing strategy.
I particularly like how MailerLite helps you maintain strong subscriber engagement.
It allows you to tag and target less active subscribers with re-engagement campaigns.
If they remain unresponsive, MailerLite steps in to automatically unsubscribe them, ensuring your list remains lean, and your deliverability rates stay high.
Compared to the other AWeber alternatives, MailerLite is the champion of value, delivering top-notch features at a price that's hard to beat.
Pros vs Cons
- Fantastic customer service
- Lots of subscriber management features
- Generous free plan (and they don’t skimp on customer support)
- Great email builder
- Robust ecom capabilities
- Very competitive price
- Page speed in the editor
- Quiz feature has complex logic
- Free Plan: Up to 1,000 subscribers, 12,000 monthly emails, basic features.
- Growing Business Plan: $9/month for up to 1,000 subscribers, unlimited email, and additional features.
- Advanced Plan: $19/month for up to 1,000 subscribers, unlimited email, advanced features.
Brevo (Runner-Up Best AWeber Alternative)
With a name like Brevo, formerly SendinBlue, you might expect something simple. But don't let the straightforward interface fool you, this email marketing platform is a powerhouse hiding in plain sight.
Getting to grips with Brevo is easy, thanks to its clean design. Crafting detailed drip campaigns for various ad projects isn't a daunting task, and you've got the added bonus of being able to keep past newsletters in an organized manner.
So, no more sifting through endless files to find that one campaign from six months ago.
Brevo breaks the mold with its pricing structure. You're not paying for contacts, just the communications. And you feel like you’re getting more than you pay for.
Brevo goes the extra mile to protect its users, too. Their strict regulations against spam serve to improve deliverability across the board. This keeps your outreach effective and your reputation intact!
Taking a closer look at Brevo's feature list, the depth of its toolset is genuinely impressive.
The platform offers advanced segmentation, allowing for highly targeted campaigns, while its transactional email service ensures timely and reliable customer interactions.
Its SMS marketing feature extends your reach beyond email, bringing an additional, effective communication channel into the mix.
In short, Brevo provides a simple, fair-priced, feature-rich platform that prioritizes the needs of the user.
It's a worthy AWeber alternative for your email marketing needs.
Pros vs Cons
- Great free version
- Multichannel: SMS, Whatsapp, and email
- Flexible pricing structure
- Quality analytics
- Can have unlimited contacts
- Limited templates
- Email templates have lots of HTML, and might not look the same in different browsers
Free: 300 emails/day, customizable templates, transactional email, SMS & WhatsApp campaigns.
- Starter ($25/month): All Free features, 20k emails/month, no daily limit, basic analytics, email support.
- Business ($65/month): All Starter features, marketing automation, ab testing, advanced stats, multi-user access, and phone support.
Additional plans include Conversations (free or $15/month/user), a free Sales Platform for deal tracking, and a Transactional Email plan (free for 300 emails/day, then pay-per-use).
ActiveCampaign is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that facilitates seamless email marketing, sales, and CRM.
Its focus on usability is truly remarkable, and you can't help but appreciate the simplicity of tasks like creating and sending emails.
An array of well-designed templates, landing pages, forms, and pop-ups are at your disposal.
The segmentation feature is detailed, allowing you to get really granular with your targeting.
Whether you're classifying contacts based on demographic info or behavioral data, the platform handles it with finesse.
In my experience, this leads to more effective marketing, striking a chord with recipients as they receive truly relevant content.
Then there are the robust automation capabilities. Its ability to handle intricate customer journey sequences using sophisticated rules and conditions is nothing short of impressive.
One unique selling point of ActiveCampaign is the seamless integration of sales and marketing within the same platform.
This level of cohesion makes the journey from lead to customer a streamlined process, something I've not often seen in other tools.
ActiveCampaign takes user-friendliness and powerful automation features and merges them.
It’s supporting growth objectives from all angles - and it does this admirably.
Pros vs Cons
- Very strong automation
- Creating new campaigns is easy (use previous emails as template)
- Value for money ratio
- Tagging contacts is a helpful feature
- Moving contacts between lists is confusing
- Marketing: Starts at $49/month. Includes email marketing, forms, landing pages, integrations, and more for 3 users.
- Sales: Starts at $19/month. Sales automation, lead scoring, task management, and more.
- Bundles: Starts at $93/month for 5 users and 1,000 contacts.
Omnisend (Ecom-Specific AWeber Alternative)
When I tested Omnisend, I found this platform to be particularly adept at e-commerce email marketing.
One aspect I appreciate is Omnisend’s deliverability. The assurance that my emails will actually reach my subscribers' inboxes is invaluable and instills confidence in the tool.
Speaking from my own experience as a Shopify user, Omnisend integrates seamlessly. Its ease of embedding products and discounts into emails is a time-saver and makes for a slick, professional presentation.
The list-cleaning feature also caught my attention. Automatically removing unengaged subscribers helps keep your list lean and engaged, which is a direct benefit to deliverability rates.
The drag-and-drop builder for setting up automation workflows is straightforward, and I found the process to be user-friendly. Even with minimal technical knowledge, you can create effective automation workflows.
The free plan has been surprisingly effective. In a few days, I saw over $700 in revenue from the email automation I'd set up. I've recently transitioned to the paid plan and am excited about the prospects for even more sales as I begin to run promotional campaigns.
In a landscape filled with email marketing tools, Omnisend has proven itself valuable for e-commerce businesses. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Pros vs Cons
- It’s mostly geared towards ecommerce sites
- Super helpful support
- Excellent pop up feature
- Effective email scrubbing
- Heat maps
- Graphic designers want additional customization options
- Could expand integrations
- Free Plan: Offers all Omnisend features, limit of 500 emails/month, 250 contacts.
- Standard Plan: Starts at $16/month, scales with contact list size and email volume. Email sending limit applies.
- Pro Plan: Starts at $99/month, scales with contact list size. Offers unlimited emails and free SMS marketing credits equal to plan price.
GetResponse is not just an email marketing tool anymore.
It has seamlessly integrated a website builder, chat features, and eCommerce tools into its platform, with the notable addition of webinar hosting and automated sales funnels.
And it's here in this broadened scope that GetResponse's real strengths start to shine.
Imagine hosting a webinar within the same platform where you built the landing page. The registrants' information is captured and flows right into your email funnel, all within the same interface.
It's a practical setup that surpasses many competitors in terms of quality.
The intelligent integration of AI tools, such as the AI subject line generator and AI Email Generator, adds another layer of convenience.
A unique selling point that caught my eye is GetResponse's free plan.
It's particularly suitable for beginners, offering unlimited newsletters, a landing page, access to the website builder, and the ability to manage up to 500 contacts without dipping into your pocket.
And when it comes to the price point, GetResponse scores high. It offers a robust solution at a more wallet-friendly price, especially for large email databases, making it a compelling contender among the Aweber alternatives.
Pros vs Cons
- Easy to establish a brand template
- Free version
- Professional looking emails
- Advanced automation
- Great dashboard
- Helpful landing page templates
- No A/B testing for automation flows (only for campaigns)
- Start Plan (Free): 500 contacts. It includes newsletters and a website builder.
- Email Marketing Plan: $19 per month for 1,000 contacts. Unlimited newsletters, landing pages, and autoresponders.
- Marketing Automation Plan: Starts at $59 per month for 1,000 contacts.Includes all features of the Email Marketing plan, plus additional features.
- Ecommerce Marketing Plan: Starts at $119 per month for 1,000 contacts. Includes all features of the Marketing Automation plan, plus ecom-specific features.
Check out our GetResponse Vs ActiveCampaign comparison here.
Spencer Haws is a big proponent of ConverKit, and he uses it to manage our list at Niche Pursuits.
One standout feature is visual automation, which provides a comprehensive view of your marketing strategy, enabling you to manage diverse client groups effectively.
This tool allows you to deliver tailored information to specific groups based on their interactions.
The platform's list management is intuitive and user-friendly. You can add subscribers individually or in bulk, and they can also subscribe via your landing page.
ConvertKit's tagging feature is a valuable asset, allowing for precise targeting based on customers' purchases or subscriptions.
The support system in ConvertKit is top-notch. Representatives respond swiftly and provide clear, step-by-step tutorials, often including ready-to-use automation.
While ConvertKit does offer a free version, it's important to note that it doesn't include the automation feature.
However, the pricing model is transparent and fair, charging for each subscriber only once, regardless of their list memberships.
ConvertKit's deliverability is impressive, ensuring your emails reach their intended recipients. The platform also offers an assisted migration feature, making the transition to ConvertKit smooth and hassle-free.
Pros vs Cons
- Solid deliverability
- Easy to manage subscribers
- Visual automation
- Intuitive list management
- Relianice on Zapier to integrate
- Drag and drop editor could be better
Prices increase as the number of subscribers grows - it operates on a sliding scale.
For up to 1,000 subscribers, it's free.
Now let’s provide a hypothetical example of 5,000 subscribers. The Creator plan costs $79/month, and the Creator Pro plan costs $111/month.
For 20,000 subscribers, the Creator plan is $179/month, and the Creator Pro plan is $239/month.
So on and so forth.
You don't need to be a design pro to create good-looking newsletters here. There are loads of templates to choose from, and they're simple to tweak until you get the look you want.
What I really appreciate about Constant Contact is how it helps you when things go wrong. The error messages are clear, so you can quickly figure out what to fix.
Plus, it's simple to save your branding and logos.
But Constant Contact isn't just about emails. It's also a great email tool if you're running events.
You can handle invitations, registrations, and even tickets right from the platform. That's not something you see with every email marketing software. The 'scan to join' QR code feature is also a neat touch!
One thing that stood out to me about Constant Contact is its customer service. They offer phone support, which is one of the reasons they won me over.
In short, Constant Contact is a user-friendly, feature-rich email marketing tool that's been around since 2004. It's worth checking out if you're in the market for a new email platform.
Pros vs Cons
- Easy to work with
- Lots of templates
- Plentiful supporting information
- Quality Support team
- CRM integration could be better
- Advanced automations/split testing isn’t great
Constant Contact offers three plans:
- Lite: Starts at $12/month for basic email marketing and social marketing.
- Standard: Starts at $35/month, adding features like A/B testing and automation templates.
- Premium: Starts at $80/month, including advanced features like SEO and custom email automation.
Pricing depends on the number of contacts and the addition of SMS Marketing.
The Verdict: Best AWeber Alternatives
After careful analysis of all AWeber alternatives, MailerLite stands out as the best email marketing software for several reasons (but don't miss our comparison of ActiveCampaign vs AWeber here). It offers:
- Beautiful, responsive marketing campaign creation
- E-commerce integration for audience monetization
- Advanced automation workflow
- Targeted, personalized content delivery
- Tools for continuous campaign improvement
Whether you're a novice or an experienced marketer, MailerLite caters to your needs without compromising on simplicity or functionality.
And with its competitive pricing structure, this AWeber alternative is hard to beat.
So, if you're looking for a comprehensive email marketing tool that truly understands your needs, why not give MailerLite a try?
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations