Selling Data for Money: 11 Apps to Cash In On Your Unused Data
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You've probably heard about social media platforms and search engines that sell consumer data for profit. Instead of letting this frustrate you, take a look at the best places for selling data for money and make your valuable data work for you!
These data-sharing apps won't make you rich, but you can make a few extra bucks here and there to help with daily expenses.
And, the money you make from selling your data is completely passive and will keep trickling in even when you're lounging on the sofa.
Sounds great, right?
Let's dive in!
- Best Sites for Selling Data for Money
- What Do You Need to Sell Data for Money?
- Final Thoughts: Is Selling Data for Money Worth It?
Best Sites for Selling Data for Money
Ready to sell your data for extra cash?
Read on to learn about the best apps and websites to start selling data online.
The Pawns.app is a top data monetization app that also allows you to make extra cash by completing surveys and referring friends.
Their data collection process works like this:
- Install the app onto your devices
- Make sure each one is connected to the internet
- The app uses your connection to gather bits of information
- Your internet connection is shared without access to your personal data
- Companies use this for various services.
Because the app is constantly running in the background, you make money even when not using your devices.
Pay depends on how many unique IP addresses you have and your daily app activity. So, if you have 2 IPs and run the app 24 hours a day, you can earn $19.20/month, and 4 IPs will net you $38.40/month.
Once you earn a minimum of $5, you can withdraw it via PayPal, Bitcoin, or online gift cards.
TraffMonetizer is a great app to sell user data and make extra money on the side.
To get started, you need to register by providing your name and email, create a password, and then receive an access token.
After you get this, you can install the app on your device and start to earn money from your unused internet bandwidth. And you can maximize your profits by connecting several devices.
According to the app:
- Most people have 92% of unused bandwidth!
- Traffmonetizer users earn on average $29/month
- They have over 350K happy users.
Your privacy is safe and secure, and the app only sells data to companies that pass strict security checks.
These companies use your location data to check that their ads and marketing efforts are working correctly in different regions.
The minimum payout is $10, and you can choose to withdraw funds through PayPal, Bitcoin, Payoneer, Skrill, and Payeer.
To join their research community, you need to:
- Install the software on your mobile device
- Claim your earned credits each week
- Redeem those credits for e-gift cards.
MobilExpression can be used on iOS and Android devices, and to date, they've paid out over $5 million to members!
Repocket is an app that will pay you for your unused internet.
Businesses use this to monitor prices, search Google, complete competitor research, and a range of other activities.
You can boost your earnings by:
- Referring others to the app and receive a $5 bonus and 10% commission on what they earn
- Plus, you can complete different paid tasks from the Offer Wall.
To get started, create an account and download the app onto your devices.
What you earn depends on the number of shared devices and the data shared each day.
For example, if you share 2 devices and 2GB of data a day, your potential earnings will be around $24 a month.
EarnApp is a platform that'll help you earn passive income from your unused bandwidth on your resting devices.
There are a few factors that will impact your earnings, including:
- Your device IP location
- Internet speed performance
- The number of devices and their availability.
You can use the handy rate calculator to estimate your earnings from the country you're in.
Another way to boost revenue is by using EarnApp referrals and offers. Just create an account, and you'll get paid for every person who joins the platform through your link.
PermissionResearch is an online market research community with over 2 million members worldwide.
The platform gathers data from members, which is used to gain valuable insights into trends and behavior.
This data helps companies around the globe who are trying to understand consumers so they can better their products and services.
A unique feature of PermissionResearch is that you don't earn money for participating, but they have partnered with Trees for the Future and plant trees around the world on behalf of their members.
To use PermissionResearch, you need to:
- Install the research software
- Keep the software installed to qualify for member rewards
- Enjoy helping the environment when a tree is planted on your behalf.
7. Nielson Computer and Mobile Panel
Nielson Computer and Mobile Panel is another data marketplace where you can earn passive income from data sales on your smartphone, computer, and tablet.
Ways to earn extra revenue include instant win games, survey research opportunities, and unlocking $60 in yearly reward points.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Sign up and answer questions about you, your household, and the devices you use
- Download the safe and secure Nielson app or computer software onto your qualified devices
- Get rewarded for sharing device usage for marketing purposes.
Choose how you'd like to be rewarded with options including PayPal cash, Visa credit or a range of different gift cards.
SavvyConnect is another data-gathering platform that helps its users to monetize data.
You can earn from every device, including your smartphone, tablet, and computer, and make up to $3 per device each month.
To start selling data for money with SavvyConnect, follow these steps:
- Download SavvyConnect from Google Play or the App Store
- Simply surf the web like you usually do
- The app will collect data directly to find trends in online research, shopping, entertainment preferences, and more
- Receive monthly cash rewards and make more money completing surveys and referring friends
- Enjoy knowing your data privacy is safe and secure.
9. Screenwise Panel
Screenwise Panel is a consumer data research study, conducted by Ipsos, for Google.
The purpose of it is to gather information to improve products by learning how people use TVs, the internet, and mobile apps.
There are three ways to earn with Screenwise Panel:
- Earn a $20 reward if you qualify for the study
- Earn $100 if you join and install a special high-speed router that's provided for you
- Earn up to $16/month for each household member age 13+ who joins with their own devices.
Choose from a variety of rewards, such as prepaid cards, gift cards, and hundreds of gift choices, including entertainment, apparel, electronics, furnishings, and more.
ReklaimYours is a site helping people to take control of their personal information and earn a fair price from it.
Using Reklaim, you can access your raw data and see how many companies are buying and selling this and how much it's sold for.
The different ways to earn with this app include:
- Share your data. Get real-time orders from brands who want to buy your data
- Share your profile. Allow brands to deliver relevant ads to you based on your profile attributes
- Share device info. Sell data today about your device model, operating system, and more
- Share Reklaim with your friends. Share your custom referral code and earn 10% of your friend's earnings.
Earnings are paid in points, and once you have enough points, you can redeem them for cryptocurrency, gift cards, and charity donations.
Datacoup is a platform that'll help you profit from your valuable customer data.
Using their apps and tools, you can set your preferences and decide how you want your data to be used in the marketplace.
You can earn from ongoing data sharing, and you can choose to be paid in:
Datacoup is currently working on creating and updating its tools, and you can sign up to be notified when they're available.
Check out more side hustle apps here.
What Do You Need to Sell Data for Money?
There are a few things you need if you want to monetize data. These include:
Fast Internet Connection
Before selling data for money, you need to ensure that you have a fast and reliable internet connection.
Data marketplaces will prefer to work with people with speedy internet that can be used around the clock.
Internet Enabled Devices
For monetizing data, you'll need a Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, or iOS device connected to the internet.
It's important to check with the data collection company to see if your device is compatible.
Platform to Sell Your Data
This article highlights that multiple software solutions will help you to sell your available data.
Always research to ensure that any data aggregator you choose is legitimate and trustworthy and will keep your personal information safe.
And we hope this article has helped with this process!
Final Thoughts: Is Selling Data for Money Worth It?
Yes, selling data for money is worth it and will help you earn extra cash doing what you already do - surfing the internet daily!
So, if you want to earn money passively, sign up for one of the top data collection apps listed above and start putting that unused bandwidth to good use.
Want more ways to earn from your phone?
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations