I am excited to present to you my first “official” podcast! I have one previous Q&A recording right here, that I have listed on this site; but this will be the first podcast listed in iTunes officially. (The iTunes page is not officially up, but will be very soon).
In this first podcast, I decided to just sit in front of the microphone and tell my story. I’ll share a little bit more of my background, education, and details including some of my early entrepreneurial efforts. In addition, I’ll dig in a little deeper on how I went from working full-time at a large bank, to becoming self-employed building niche websites.
I had worked many hours late at night or in the early morning on my business while I worked a separate full-time job. So, when the day came that I was making more from my “side” business than my full-time job, I knew it was time to quit. I officially left my job about 13 months ago.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the topics in the Podcast:
- Family life growing up
- Why I got interested in business
- My Educational and Career Background
- How I got started building websites
- How I finally became successful at Building Niche Websites
- Importance of Keyword research
- My Income with Niche Websites
- Creation of NichePursuits.com
- Whats it like working from home?
Note: I recorded this podcast before my Adsense account was banned. So, obviously I’ve had a major curve ball thrown at me since I recorded this. However, I’m sure you will still find the podcast very informative and insightful into my process. In addition, this “curveball” actually makes me very grateful that I have more going on in my business than just Google Adsense. I discuss several of these businesses outside of niche sites that have been very helpful in diversifying my income. I specifically discuss some of my existing business ventures as well as some planned for the near future.
Here are some items discussed in the podcast:
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
- NichePursuits.com – Discussion of why it was created ( hint: Primary reason was NOT to discuss niche websites)
- Long Tail Pro – Keyword Research Tool I developed.
- Niche Website Theme – Highly customizable theme for niche sites.
- iPhone App Project – expected to be released mid-May!
This is the first of many Podcasts coming very soon! I already have several interviews scheduled with some great internet entrepreneurs…so stayed tuned for more!
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts below…