After several months, I can finally say that my iPhone app is complete! I got the approval email from Apple late last week telling me that the app is approved and ready to be sold on the App store. I am going to release it for sale on May 28th – 2 weeks from today.
This has been a long time coming as most of you are probably aware, so it feels GREAT to finally have it completed! As I have revealed before, this is an iPhone app that allows you to check your Google Adsense earnings quickly and easily. In addition it has a unique feature that incorporates sounds (via push notifications) that I hadn't revealed up to this point. Well, now you can see exactly what the app does on the Ad Alert App website here! I have a cheesy video of myself up there and everything…you don't want to miss that!
My iPhone App Timeline:
I also want to review with you the steps that I have taken to lead up to the app getting complete. Here's a quick time-line of everything I have done.
- March 2011 – Created NichePursuits.com in order to try business ideas outside of small niche sites
- April 25th, 2011 – Allowed readers to vote on which new niche business idea I should pursue.
- May 2nd, 2011 – Voting Results are in – the iPhone App business is the winner!
- June 23rd 2011 – I decide on the iPhone App I'm going to build.
- November 17th, 2011 – I decide on a different iPhone app to build (a drawing game) and post a job on Elance.com to hire a programmer.
- November 26th, 2011 – After looking at how expensive the bids are on Elance, I decide to scrap the drawing game iPhone app idea and build the Google Adsense iPhone App.
- December 13th, 2011 – Got bids on Elance.com for the Adsense iPhone app idea and decide to hire one of the programmers.
- February 16th, 2012 – First Version of the iPhone App is ready for testing!
- March 23rd, 2012 – Final Version of the iPhone App is essentially done.
- April 6th, 2012 – Start the application process to the Apple Developer program.
- April 25th, 2012 – Realize that Apple is VERY slow about approving users for the Developer program, so apply to the Personal developer program and get approved on the same day.
- May 4th, 2012 – Submit the App to Apple for Approval.
- May 11th, 2012 – Apple approves my App for sale! The app is called AdAlert: Google Adsense App
- May 28th, 2012 (in the future) – App will be released for sale on the Apple App Store.
As you can see, its been a very long process. I originally started thinking about building an iPhone app just a little over a year ago. However, with the fact that I have been working on other parts of my business and that I changed App ideas about half way through, it took much longer than it needed to.
I really didn't start working on the current Ad Alert App idea until December of last year; so its been about 6 months in the making. However, I could have completed this project much quicker if I had been focused a bit more on it and knew some of the “ropes” a bit better.
Overall, I am very happy with the way the app has turned out, and I'm excited to finally get it up for sale in a couple of weeks!
Want to See My Advanced Keyword Research Strategies that Even a Beginner Can Learn?
Read my comprehensive guide on stealing keywords for competitors. I use this tool to cherry pick the keywords that I know I can rank for quickly...even if my site is newer.Read the Strategies Here
Again, if you want to see exactly what my new iPhone app does, you can check out the demo video I created at AdAlertApp.com right now.
I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions that you might have on the project of mine.