After several months, I can finally say that my iPhone app is complete! I got the approval email from Apple late last week telling me that the app is approved and ready to be sold on the App store. I am going to release it for sale on May 28th – 2 weeks from today.
This has been a long time coming as most of you are probably aware, so it feels GREAT to finally have it completed! As I have revealed before, this is an iPhone app that allows you to check your Google Adsense earnings quickly and easily. In addition it has a unique feature that incorporates sounds (via push notifications) that I hadn't revealed up to this point. Well, now you can see exactly what the app does on the Ad Alert App website here! I have a cheesy video of myself up there and everything…you don't want to miss that!
My iPhone App Timeline:
I also want to review with you the steps that I have taken to lead up to the app getting complete. Here's a quick time-line of everything I have done.
- March 2011 – Created NichePursuits.com in order to try business ideas outside of small niche sites
- April 25th, 2011 – Allowed readers to vote on which new niche business idea I should pursue.
- May 2nd, 2011 – Voting Results are in – the iPhone App business is the winner!
- June 23rd 2011 – I decide on the iPhone App I'm going to build.
- November 17th, 2011 – I decide on a different iPhone app to build (a drawing game) and post a job on Elance.com to hire a programmer.
- November 26th, 2011 – After looking at how expensive the bids are on Elance, I decide to scrap the drawing game iPhone app idea and build the Google Adsense iPhone App.
- December 13th, 2011 – Got bids on Elance.com for the Adsense iPhone app idea and decide to hire one of the programmers.
- February 16th, 2012 – First Version of the iPhone App is ready for testing!
- March 23rd, 2012 – Final Version of the iPhone App is essentially done.
- April 6th, 2012 – Start the application process to the Apple Developer program.
- April 25th, 2012 – Realize that Apple is VERY slow about approving users for the Developer program, so apply to the Personal developer program and get approved on the same day.
- May 4th, 2012 – Submit the App to Apple for Approval.
- May 11th, 2012 – Apple approves my App for sale! The app is called AdAlert: Google Adsense App
- May 28th, 2012 (in the future) – App will be released for sale on the Apple App Store.
As you can see, its been a very long process. I originally started thinking about building an iPhone app just a little over a year ago. However, with the fact that I have been working on other parts of my business and that I changed App ideas about half way through, it took much longer than it needed to.
I really didn't start working on the current Ad Alert App idea until December of last year; so its been about 6 months in the making. However, I could have completed this project much quicker if I had been focused a bit more on it and knew some of the “ropes” a bit better.
Overall, I am very happy with the way the app has turned out, and I'm excited to finally get it up for sale in a couple of weeks!
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
Again, if you want to see exactly what my new iPhone app does, you can check out the demo video I created at AdAlertApp.com right now.
I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, or questions that you might have on the project of mine.