I recently launched my iPhone app (Ad Alert: Google Adsense App). I was lucky enough to have interviewed a few iPhone app entrepreneurs before I released my app. In previous podcasts I interviewed Benny Hsu and Pat Flynn. I was also able to interview Andreas Kambanis which is the podcast that I’m sharing with you today.
Andreas not only have a very interesting story of how he got started with his business, but he also has some excellent advice for creating a successful launch of an iPhone app. Of course I took and followed some of this advice as I launched my own app, and there are several other points that I will be doing on this app or future projects. I highly recommend that you listen to the podcast interview below if you ever consider launching a mobile phone app. The advice Andreas shared here is very unique to anything that has been shared or discussed on this blog before.
Andreas got started right out of University building a website for bike enthusiasts in the London, England area. The site wasn’t an instant success, but over time he was able to build it into something significant that now has a large following. He was able to then leverage the success of that site into his first iPhone app: Bike Doctor. Now with 3 active iPhone apps and a couple more in the works, Andreas has been able to refine his development and launch process of iPhone apps to ensure a much higher likelihood of success.
He now also shares all of his in-depth iPhone app strategies on his site: iPhone App Rock Star
GET MORE QUALIFIED TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE — FAST
The Traffic Course is designed to be a quick-study course with tactics you can implement today.
Here’s the curriculum:
1. How to Make Google Love You—Or At Least Stop Ignoring Your Texts
2. The Hidden Traffic Opportunities Right Under Your Nose
3. The “Unsung” Search Engines You Might Be Overlooking
4. How to Create New Content That’s a Hit–Without Wasting TimeCheck Out the Full Course
Here are some of the points that we discussed in the interview:
- London Cyclist
- Bike Doctor iPhone app
- Punch Tab
- Using competitions to increase visibility of an iPhone app launch
- Launch Rock
- Discussion of the Pre-launch process
- iPhone app review sites: Good or Bad?
- The difficult part of an iPhone app business
- Designer vs. Programmer
- How secretive should you be about your new iPhone app ideas?
- How to cross promote your apps
- Are all the good ideas taken?
- What’s the best day to launch an iPhone app?
- How to price your app
- iPhoneAppRockStar – Learn how to develop and launch a successful iPhone app.
- Andreas’ plans for a physical product and other iPhone app plans
Overall, the suggestions and strategies here are exceptional! Even if you are not ever going to launch an iPhone app, the business tips are excellent. And certainly if you have an iPhone app or ever plan to create one, these tips will definitely improve your business.
I would love to hear your comments or questions below!
Do you have a spare tweet today?