11 Best Marketing Calendar Software Tools to Streamline Your Marketing Processes
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A marketing calendar is used to control marketing activities and ensure your marketing team knows what they should be doing, when, and where. But which is the best marketing calendar software for your needs?
While you could save money by using Google Calendar or by juggling multiple free spreadsheets, parts of important marketing projects may get lost in the process, never to see the light of day!
And, with looming deadlines, targets to meet, and competitors to beat, the right marketing calendar software is well worth the investment to ensure you stay on top of your game!
With an organized marketing team, you can say goodbye to a wasted marketing budget and hello to an increased ROI!
Best Marketing Calendar Software
These marketing calendar software tools will help you to keep control of those marketing campaigns and start smashing those KPIs!
Have a read through the list below and choose the one that aligns with your budget and business needs.
Let's dive in!
Semrush is the top marketing calendar software because it'll help you organize, coordinate, and track all your marketing campaigns in one place.
It also offers a range of other handy tools for SEO, advertising, social media, content marketing, and research data to keep driving your business success.
The calendar software is simply designed to visualize your entire marketing roadmap and keep track of all your goals and tasks.
Plus, you can monitor campaign performance with the Google Analytics integration and readjust marketing projects where necessary.
Whether you're a large marketing agency looking after multiple clients or a blogger looking to grow your traffic, Semrush is a top marketing calendar software to consider.
- Visual marketing calendar
- Performance analytics
- Checklists for each task
- Easily share the calendar via email or link
- Email notifications for task changes or updates
- Reuse campaign templates to save time
- Suite of SEO tools for research and link building.
Price: Free with limited features. Pro $129.95/month, Guru $249.95/month, Business $499.95/month.
Learn more in this Semrush review and tutorial.
ClickUp is a project management tool where teams can come together to work on tasks and chat about goals.
The marketing calendar software is one of the best, allowing teams to work on campaigns by channel, establish goals, optimize workflow, and keep track of deadlines.
Besides creating marketing calendars, you get access to marketing resources, social media templates, whiteboards, and internal communication.
Plus, you can automate 100+ boring tasks to streamline your workflow and free up your time.
- User-friendly interface
- Build marketing campaigns quickly
- Generate emails, content briefs, blogs, and case studies with AI
- Built-in communication, task management, and checklists
- Save time with free templates for social media, emails, content strategy, and more
- Use online and offline and take advantage of over 1,000 integrations.
Pricing: Free forever for personal use. Unlimited $10/month per member, Business $19/month per member, Enterprise contact sales for customized pricing.
Learn more in this in-depth ClickUp review.
StoryChief is a content management platform that allows you to schedule content across multiple channels without sacrificing quality.
No more spending hours copying and pasting! Just integrate your CMS and social media channels into StoryChief and share articles and social media posts with your audience with a click.
This tool is also a place to merge scattered documents and emails so you can collaborate with your team in one central place and save precious time.
And, do you often suffer from writer's block? Stop staring at the cursor blinking - just use the StoryChief AI-powered suggestions for writing and translations and to improve readability.
- Build and track content campaigns in the content calendar
- Create compelling copy faster with the AI assistant
- Collaborate with your team across all channels in one place
- Get actionable insights with analytics and reporting.
Pricing: 7-day FREE trial. For both Articles and Socials – Individual Base $80/month, Individual Pro $120/month. The price is half if you only want Articles OR Socials.
Monday.com is a project workflow management platform designed to help various departments streamline their processes.
A few of the projects that can be managed in this tool include goals and strategy, everyday tasks, business operations, client projects, resources, and more.
Marketing teams can create custom campaign tables with various workflows for the whole team. Tasks can be assigned, and campaigns tracked with detailed analytics to spot where improvements need to be made.
- Marketing calendar
- Analytics dashboard
- Assign and manage tasks
- Automated workflows
- Keep track of milestones with Gantt charts
- Easy team collaboration
- Multiple software integrations.
Pricing: FREE forever up to 2 seats. Basic $10/month per seat, Standard $12/month per seat, Pro $20/month per seat.
Read Asana Vs Monday to see which project management tool is best.
The CoSchedule marketing calendar is where you can plan, schedule, and share all your marketing efforts in one place.
It's a place to get everything done for your business, including social media, blog posts, emails, event planning, and podcasts, so you can keep control of your workflow instead of having tasks scattered across multiple platforms.
It integrates with all the main project management tools, and you can use the integrated AI Social Assistant to help you draft messages and write winning copy.
In fact, you can learn more about using ChatGPT for copywriting here.
- Plan your marketing for EVERY platform in one place
- Reschedule tasks easily with the simple drag-and-drop functionality
- Collaborate with your team on one dashboard so a deadline is never missed
- Create reusable social media templates
- Plan and post your blog posts right from your calendar
- Use the marketing AI assistant to generate new ideas and upgrade marketing workflows.
Pricing: Free FOREVER for individuals. Social calendar $19/month for teams and limitless publishing. Content Calendar and Marketing Suite for teams talk to sales.
6. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management platform that'll help to organize and boost your marketing strategy.
Using it, you can schedule your content strategy across multiple platforms, engage with your audience, discover essential insights, keep an eye on your analytics, and build your brand and traffic.
It integrates with all the main apps and platforms, has a simple-to-use interface, and allows you to collaborate seamlessly with your team.
- Intuitive and collaborative social media content calendar software
- Plan your publishing strategy across multiple platforms in one place
- Craft engaging content quickly with Sprout's AI and automation tools
- Check what's working and what's not with real-time engagement updates
- Make better business decisions with analytics tools and data collection.
Pricing: Free 30-day trial. Standard $249/month, Professional $399/month, Advanced $499/month, Enterprise contact Sprout for custom pricing.
Learn more in this Sprout Social review.
TrueNorth is one of the best marketing calendar tools for marketing teams and comes with a range of resources to streamline operations.
It allows you to plan and track marketing campaigns all in one place, including content creation and advertising.
You can guide your team in the right direction with the growth visualization tool and model different scenarios to test out strategies.
This allows you to streamline ideas and focus on the ones that move the needle. Eliminate the need for messy spreadsheets and plan, track, and collaborate with your marketing team in one dashboard.
- Guide your team with a growth projection
- Experiment and focus on the most impactful ideas
- Track and manage your marketing goals all in one timeline
- Track progress, activity, and results to double down on what's working
- Automatically integrate your marketing activity across all channels.
Pricing: 14-day FREE trial. $99/month for all features.
Wrike is a versatile project management tool that allows you to enhance collaboration, manage projects, and organize your workflow.
This tool is meant to be used by teams in all departments and will help to maximize productivity, minimize duplicated work, and cut the time spent on routine admin tasks.
Simple collaborative dashboards can be created to manage marketing, content creation, social media, event planning, and more.
Projects can be set with timelines, and KPIs can be measured to ensure your efforts are staying on track.
- Project dashboards
- Online proofing software
- Project resource planning
- Customizable Wrike workspace
- Save time with automated workflows
- Build custom request forms
- Work from anywhere with mobile and desktop apps.
Pricing: FREE plan with minimum features. Team $9.80/month per user, Business $24.80/month per user, Enterprise custom pricing.
CrossCap is a simple marketing calendar software offering a centralized solution to effectively plan and manage your marketing projects.
The visual interface allows teams to collaborate and create campaign journey maps and timelines when everything needs to get done.
No need to switch between different calendars for social media and content; just have it all in one place and control access and visibility for different team members depending on roles.
- Customizable marketing calendar
- Omni-channel ad planning and promotions management
- Templates for marketing budgets
Pricing: Request a FREE demo. Contact CrossCap for pricing details.
Optimizely calls itself a ''digital experience platform'' and helps brands run tests and uncover insights to create content their customers will love.
It's also a content marketing and management platform where you can work on planning, creating, collaborating, and fulfilling campaigns with your team.
Using Optimizely, you can streamline work requests, handle tasks and workflows, track timelines, and collaborate with your team so nothing ever gets missed.
- Content marketing platform to keep your content marketing efforts on track
- Content management system to create once and publish everywhere
- Eliminate wasted effort on dud content campaigns by running tests and uncovering insights
- Build and design targeted commerce experiences designed to your exact customers' needs
Pricing: Contact Optimizely for custom pricing.
Planable is a social media marketing and content planning tool that allows you to save time and bring all your content tasks together in one place
Collaborate with your team on emails, blogs, newsletters, and social media posts and tweak your content for different platforms all in one place.
Invite the whole team to the party and give them different permissions, add feedback and notes on posts, and get content approved quickly.
- Content management calendar
- Multi-account management
- Multi-user collaboration
- Post scheduling
- Automated publishing
- Centrally manage social engagement
- Manage and optimize paid ad campaigns.
Pricing: FREE plan up to 50 posts. Basic $13/month per user, Pro $26/month per user, Enterprise custom pricing.
What to Look for in a Marketing Calendar Software Tool?
A marketing calendar software should simplify and streamline your marketing processes.
It should allow you to plan your marketing campaigns so that every team member can see what they should be doing, and the whole process should be able to be automated to reduce your workload.
Here's what to look for in a marketing calendar:
- Goals. The right marketing calendar software should allow you to set goals for each marketing campaign.
- Visibility. A great marketing calendar tool will have the ability to set different visibility levels for team members depending on their roles.
- Collaboration. The platform should allow for team collaboration and discussions within the software without having to jump about to different platforms.
- Automation. A great marketing calendar feature is automation, so every day, repetitive tasks will get completed automatically.
- Integration. It's extremely helpful if your chosen calendar software integrates with other apps you may be using, such as Google Sheets, Zoom, or Microsoft Word for example.
- Customization. The top marketing calendars come with the ability to customize features such as dashboards and tasks.
Final Thoughts on the Best Marketing Calendar Software
With the best marketing calendar software on your side, you can say goodbye to missed deadlines, improve your KPIs, and stop wasting time flicking between different platforms.
If you have the budget, go for:
These are top marketing calendar choices that'll take your marketing campaigns to new heights.
Why not try them for a test drive on their free plans to see if they fit your marketing needs?
Want more ways to organize yourself and get more done?
Check out the best AI tools for business to boost productivity.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations