11 Copywriting Podcasts That Can Actually Help Improve Your Writing
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whether you're a freelancer, full-time copywriter, or small business owner, improving your copywriting skills is important in creating successful content that converts. Listening to the best copywriter podcast for your own goals can help you improve your writing skills. Read our list of the best podcasts for copywriters to get started.
- The Best Copywriting Podcast to Help Improve Your Writing
- How Listening to Podcasts Can Help You Grow as a Writer
- Choose the Best Copywriting Podcast For Your Goals
The Best Copywriting Podcast to Help Improve Your Writing
While you might have already discovered our list of the best copywriting books, sometimes you prefer to listen instead of read. Here's our list of 11 copywriting podcasts that are designed to help improve your writing:
- Great for freelancers looking to grow their business: High-Income Business Writing Podcast
- Advice from copywriting legends: Geniuses of Copywriting
- Breaking into the copywriting business: Build Your Copywriting Business
- Best for freelance writers and journalists: The Writing Coach Podcast with Rebecca L. Weber
- Ethical psychology tips for persuasion: Copy That Pops
- Best for content creators and influencers: The Copyblogger Podcast
- Write more persuasive ad copy: Copywriters Podcast
- When you want to feel like you're part of a networking group: The Copywriter Club Podcast
- Great for freelancers looking to grow their writing business: Get Copywriting Clients
- Perfect for the digital marketer: Kings of Conversion
- Real-time copywriting and marketing trends: Copy Chief Radio
High-Income Business Writing Podcast
Ed Gandia hosts the High-Income Business Writing Podcast. He is also a co-author of the book, "The Wealthy Freelancer." Like the title of his book suggests, he wants to help copywriters reach a six-figure income. This includes offering no-fluff tips for getting better clients, earning more while writing less, and bringing joy to their writing practices.
He draws from his experience as a writing coach and tells his audiences about the strategies that have been working for his clients.
Ed Gandia covers a variety of topics in his podcast, including:
- How to get yourself out of the feast-or-famine cycle as a freelance copywriter
- Tips for raising your rates, including how to rely on your fellow freelancers to do so
- Ways for you to find your niche to gain higher-paying clients
The High-Income Business Writing Podcast would be a great listen for any freelance copywriter looking to reach a six-figure income, find more joy in their writing business, and find their niche. If you're wondering how to be a copywriter from home, this podcast is for you.
Geniuses of Copywriting
Hosted by the legendary copywriter Brian Cassingena, the Geniuses of Copywriting podcast provides high-income copywriting advice and content marketing inspiration from other powerhouses in the business. It's one of the best copywriting podcasts because it speaks directly with industry professionals, providing listeners with invaluable advice.
His interviews with famous copywriting experts and marketing professionals cover topics like:
- How to become effective at sales copywriting that boosts profit for small business owners
- Ways to improve your storytelling and email marketing efforts
- Inspiration for mastering the art of writing high-converting sales letters
One of the best episodes of this marketing podcast is an interview with Drayton Bird, and he was trained by the person who was the inspiration behind the Mad Men character Don Draper.
If you're searching for interviews with talented copywriters to inspire your writing, the Geniuses of Copywriting podcast could be your best copywriting podcast.
Build Your Copywriting Business
Hosted by professional copywriters Nicki Krawczyk and Kate Sitarz, the Build Your Copywriting Podcast comes from the Filthy Rich Writer Team. It's one of the best copywriting podcasts because it provides copywriting tips for breaking into the industry and growing your own thriving business.
Great episodes with these successful copywriters include:
- Turning your online business into a copywriting agency
- The biggest copywriting mistakes they've made in their careers, both as freelancers and at an on-staff job
- How to earn a six-figure income within six months
This podcast is helpful for those looking to improve their writing skills and become successful copywriters. They cover a variety of topics for both freelance and full-time writers, including best practices for pitching, how to apply for jobs properly, techniques for mastering your money, and more.
With episodes ranging from 15 minutes up to an hour, these copywriting hosts prove that you don't need to spend a large amount of time learning tools for self-improvement.
The Writing Coach Podcast
The Writing Coach Podcast with Rebecca L. Weber is a highly-rated freelance podcast on our list. The host is a freelance writer and journalist. She shares tools of the trade based on her extensive experience in the industry.
The Writing Coach Podcast covers topics like:
- How to pitch to your dream website
- Ways to improve your invoicing process so you can get paid faster
- Tips for fighting procrastination and feeling like you never have enough time
This helpful podcast also includes interviews with writers, journalists, and authors who are currently excelling in the business. Guests share their past mistakes as well as techniques that have landed them dream jobs. All of the information is great advice for writers working hard to excel at their craft.
Each episode provides a wealth of actionable knowledge for writers, specifically freelance writers, to learn from.
Copy That Pops
The Copy That Pops podcast aims to provide listeners with ethical copywriting psychology tips for persuading people. The host was a math and psychology teacher, making her the perfect person to host this podcast.
Episode topics include:
- How to write impactful copy using fewer words
- The art of selling 1 million books in less than 24 hours
- Tips for writing better stories
If you're looking to improve the persuasiveness of your copy, this could be the best copywriting podcast for you.
The Copyblogger Podcast
Tim Stoddart and Ethan Brooks host The Copyblogger Podcast. This podcast is a great option for content creators and influencers who want to improve their copywriting and marketing techniques.
Through listening to this copywriting and marketing podcast, listeners can learn:
- How to use copywriting concepts for growing your newsletter and improving the profitability of your email marketing campaigns
- Strategies for growing their base of copywriting clients
- Tips for navigating your first recession
This podcast is a great resource if you're looking for a broader view of copywriting, like how to apply it to your YouTube content strategy or use it to grow your newsletter.
The Copywriters Podcast is hosted by David Garfinkel, an experienced copywriting coach specializing in writing persuasive ad copy, website sales letters, and more.
He interviews copywriting experts, provides his best tips for writing digital marketing copy that converts, and shares his wealth of knowledge so you can improve as a direct response copywriter.
Don't let the thumbnail deter you! The Copywriters Podcast is a great source of information for those looking to build a successful copywriting career.
Topics covered include:
- How to tell stories that grab and keep your reader's attention
- Tips for improving your sales funnel
- Insider secrets about the world of financial copywriting
The Copywriters Podcast is a great resource for copywriters looking to write more persuasive ad copy, earn more money, and be better storytellers.
The Copywriter Club Podcast
Hosts Kira Hug and Rob Marsh sit weekly with expert copywriters to record The Copywriter Club Podcast. Another highly rated option, this podcast, has the feeling of a casual hangout that offers expert advice, real-life examples of rates, social media tips, and more.
Topics covered on this copywriting podcast include:
- Ways to scale your business to having five-figure months
- How to balance your writing business with your family commitments
- Tips for improving the ways you research your customers
With each episode ranging from 1-2 hours, this podcast provides serious value to copywriters looking to improve their craft. It's one of the best copywriting podcasts because it provides real-life examples from working professionals that can easily be implemented into your own writing business.
If you're looking for actionable advice from professional copywriters, The Copywriter Club Podcast might be the best copywriting podcast for you.
Get Copywriting Clients
The Get Copywriting Clients Podcast combines new and tried-and-true strategies for marketing yourself as a freelance copywriter. Jay White hosts this copywriting strategies podcast, and he shares tips and tricks from his 20 years of copywriting experience along with his skills as a copywriting coach.
As the thumbnail suggests, this podcast wants to help freelancers stay level-headed while growing their copywriting businesses. The episodes are all approximately 15-20 minutes long, meaning you don't need to dedicate a large portion of your time to growing and developing your freelancing business.
The Get Copywriting Clients podcast covers a variety of interesting topics, including:
- How to turn your copywriting skills into a personally fulfilling business
- Tips for landing a mega client of your dreams
- Strategies for marketing yourself as a freelancer, including how to create a lead-generating website
Jay also shares success stories from his actual coaching clients, including how to craft effective email subject lines, tips for generating leads, obtaining retainer clients, and more.
Kings of Conversion: Marketing, Copywriting, and Ecommerce
The Kings of Conversion podcast is a great option for copywriters, advertisers, digital marketers, and online business owners to learn tips for improving their copy.
This podcast contains valuable information on using powerful copy to improve your advertising, boost sales, and grow your profits.
Topics covered include:
- Industry secrets on web design, front-end marketing techniques, and more
- How to take advantage of direct mailers in such a digital age
- Ways to use quizzes and surveys to grow your business
Copy Chief Radio
While the Copy Chief Radio podcast adheres to the timeliness principles of writing great content, they also recognize that this industry moves quickly and is ever-evolving. This podcast perfectly combines both of these two topics with a focus on real-time happenings in the marketing industry.
The host, Kevin Rogers, interviews business thought leaders to get their real-time takes on copywriting and marketing tactics that work for them. Episodes range from 20-40 minutes, meaning listeners can learn copywriter marketing techniques without dedicating a huge portion of their time.
On this podcast, you can expect to hear things like:
- How to find the edge that sets you apart as a freelance copywriter
- Techniques that big brands use to tell their stories
- Authentic personal stories from a varied range of freelance copywriters
How Listening to Podcasts Can Help You Grow as a Writer
Beyond taking advantage of the best copywriting software tools, listening to copywriting podcasts is a great way for marketers, writers, and other professionals to improve their writing skills. Copywriting podcasts help writers improve their craft by:
- Helping writers hear a different voice outside of their own: listening to your own voice, or the same voices, every day can narrow the vision of your writing without you ever realizing it. Especially if you work from home or are a solopreneur, your daily interactions with other people might be limited. Listening to other professionals speak from different perspectives can help you expand your viewpoints. It can also help you make sure your writing isn't narrow-minded.
- Offering inspiration: it can be easy to get in a rut with your online marketing, personal branding, and ad-writing efforts. Listening to podcasts that tell you about the latest and best research in the fields of copywriting and marketing is a great way to find inspiration when you feel your creativity has dried up.
- Teaching writers about the business: whether you need guidance with quoting, invoicing, or bringing in new clients, turning to podcasts by other industry professionals can help you learn invaluable information about growing your business. Podcasts teach you how to use the same marketing techniques big brands use to grow their market share.
Choose the Best Copywriting Podcast For Your Goals
Whether you're a content creator, freelancer, or full-time copywriter, this list of the best copywriting podcasts was designed to give you a place to go where you can work on your professional development. Whether you're looking to improve your direct response marketing or build a lucrative writing business, improving your copywriting skills by listening to podcasts is a great way to start.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
My top recommendations