A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of sitting down and interviewing Doug Cunnington for the Niche Pursuits podcast. He's had some impressive results with one of his newer niche sites that I wanted to share.
Does the name Doug Cunnington sound familiar? You may recall hearing about Doug because I shared his success story just a few months ago! At that time he was earning over $1,000 per month from the site already, and he's come back to tell us how well its done since November.
Overall, Doug basically took the techniques that I've shared from Niche Site Project 1 and Niche Site Project 2 and applied it to his own new sites. And of course, he has tweaked the process and strategies a bit to make them work well for him.
In fact, he's done so well, that his site earned over $6,000 in December alone!
The site has clearly grown exponentially, and so I wanted to know step by step what Doug has done to get his site to this point.
In addition, Doug has started a blog called NicheSiteProject.com, where he shares what he's learned and the best practices for niche websites. Doug has already taken the time to write down all his advice for using project management techniques for building niche websites in a book.
You can get his Niche Site Project Management book right here.
The Interview Details
Here's what we discussed in the podcast:
- Doug's background in Project Management
- The importance of learning through experience
- Doug has built about 5 total niche sites
- Made over $6,000 in December 2013 from just 1 Niche Site
- The site was getting about 700-1000 visitors/day during December
- Revenue is from the Amazon Associates program
- The site uses the standard WordPress theme (that comes with WordPress)
- Using Project management techniques for niche sites
- Rankings drop of 60 to 65% as of Jan. 17th, 2014
- 25 Articles on the site
- Doug's strategies for promotion and linkbuilding
- Using Web 2.0s and tiered link building
- Jon Haver's expired domain finding service
- Rank Hero for links
- Doug's Analysis on why his site has dropped in rankings and traffic since December
- Special video for Niche Pursuits readers! How to quickly find relevant and useful blog commenting opportunities: NicheSiteProject.com/Spencer
Overall, you can follow Doug's progress with this niche site and more at NicheSiteProject.com.
I really enjoyed interviewing Doug and hearing about his recent success!
If you have any questions that you would like to ask Doug feel free to comment below.
Get These Three Tools I Use Everyday:Host your sites with Bluehost for only $3.95 per month
Build Amazing WordPress sites with Thrive
Find Profitable FBA Ideas with Jungle Scout