If you haven't had a chance to read that blog post yet, I highly recommend that you do so here.
These blog posts are part of a 5 part series that I'm doing on how to bootstrap a software business. You can read part one of the series right here.
Because I've actually been involved in a couple of different software projects, and I highly successful one (Long Tail Pro), I think sharing some of the Long Tail Pro story along the way makes sense as I teach these principles.
In a nutshell, Perrin and I discuss on this episode:
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast
- Budget needed to bootstrap a software business
- How I hired my first developer for Long Tail Pro for just $2,500
- How miscommunication lead to one of the worst dilemmas I've ever dealt with in my business.
- How my developer held me hostage with some source code
- How I found my next great developer
- Strategies to weed out the bad and find the good developers
- The importance of discussing deliverables before the project starts
- Advantages and disadvantages of having a tech partner
- Additional tips for boostrapping
Overall, I hope you enjoy this episode of the Niche Pursuits podcast!