I’m excited to bring to you another podcast interview with Matt Paulson!
If you recall, I had Matt on the podcast about a year ago and he delivered tons of value. As a result, I thought it would be great to catch up with Matt and have an update on his business at MarketBeat.com.
Not only does he give an update on the astounding revenue and income numbers of his business, but he also shares some great advice for email marketing.
You can follow along with Matt on his blog at MattPaulson.com. In addition, I HIGHLY recommend that you check out his new book that was just released, Email Marketing Demystified: Build a Massive Mailing List, Write Copy that Converts and Generate More Sales.
This book is FREE right now on Amazon. Download Matt’s Email Marketing Book Right Here!
The book covers everything you need to know about building, growing, and monetizing your email list.
I can tell you from my own experience that my most valuable asset that I have is my email list. What Matt is talking about really works. If you are serious about building a long term, online business you should really be building an email list.
Here’s some of the topics covered in the podcast:
- 2.5 to 3 million pageviews per month on Matt’s websites
- 250,000 email subscribers
- $2.5 to $2.6 million in revenue this year for Matt’s business at MarketBeat.com
- Organic email subscribers and co-registration advertising to get email subscribers
- Non-traditional traffic sources: Traffic through news sites, Twitter, and more
- Monetizing email list: co-registration, advertisements in emails, selling dedicated email blasts, and selling subscriptions
- Fear of alienating subscriber base by using too many ads or sending too many emails
- How to decide what to sell your email subscribers
- The breakdown of revenue sources for his business, Google Adsense is HUGE revenue source
- How to decide what to offer as a lead magnet to get people on your email list. Relevancy is key
- Why you shouldn’t overthink or work too hard to create an original lead magnet
- Split testing discussion. Once you have traffic, split testing is important. If you are just starting out, don’t worry about split testing.
- How quickly to make on offer once someone signs up on your email list
- How often to email your list (depends on your industry)
- Matt’s new book: Email Marketing Demystified: Build a Massive Mailing List, Write Copy that Converts and Generate More Sales
- How to make sure your emails don’t end up in the promotions tab on Gmail
Overall, I hope you enjoy the podcast with Matt. It was a pleasure to have him back on the podcast and discuss his growing business. If you want to follow along with Matt and his business, you can do so on his blog at MattPaulson.com.
If you enjoyed the podcast, please feel free to stop by iTunes and leave a rating and review here.
As always, please feel free to add any thoughts or questions you have below.