After almost 4 years of producing the Niche Pursuits podcast, I've finally hit 100 episodes! In order to “celebrate”, I decided to do something a little bit different.
I had no guests and no co-host. I just sat down with microphone and decided to reflect on my business over the past 5 years.
You see, I quit my job 5 years ago on March 11th, 2011. That was my last day in the corporate world, and I've loved being able to work for myself ever since.
During those 5 years, not everything has been sunshine and rainbows though. I've learned some lessons along the way that I hope you will find valuable.
Want More Free Traffic from Google? Check Out My Complete Training Course
The Organic Traffic Formula Walks You Through The System I Used To Create Profitable Websites And Quit My Day Job.Learn More
Quick Summary of Episode 100
You can listen to the full recording for all the details, but here are a few highlights:
- How I was able to quit my job 5 years ago with niche websites
- Lesson learned: Perseverance pays off
- Creating and launching Long Tail Pro
- Long Tail Pro partial exit
- Lesson learned: Creating your own product is much more profitable than being an affiliate
- I recommend creating products rather than a niche site as a business venture
- My progress with Amazon FBA in the past year
- Lesson learned: Only pursue things that will lead you to where you want to go
- Other recent changes in my business
Overall, this is a reflective podcast as I look back over working on my business for the past 5 years. I've learned some lessons and hopefully this podcast inspires you to go out and create your own successful business.