After almost 4 years of producing the Niche Pursuits podcast, I've finally hit 100 episodes! In order to “celebrate”, I decided to do something a little bit different.
I had no guests and no co-host. I just sat down with microphone and decided to reflect on my business over the past 5 years.
You see, I quit my job 5 years ago on March 11th, 2011. That was my last day in the corporate world, and I've loved being able to work for myself ever since.
During those 5 years, not everything has been sunshine and rainbows though. I've learned some lessons along the way that I hope you will find valuable.
Want to See My Advanced Keyword Research Strategies that Even a Beginner Can Learn?
Read my comprehensive guide on stealing keywords for competitors. I use this tool to cherry pick the keywords that I know I can rank for quickly...even if my site is newer.Read the Strategies Here
Quick Summary of Episode 100
You can listen to the full recording for all the details, but here are a few highlights:
- How I was able to quit my job 5 years ago with niche websites
- Lesson learned: Perseverance pays off
- Creating and launching Long Tail Pro
- Long Tail Pro partial exit
- Lesson learned: Creating your own product is much more profitable than being an affiliate
- I recommend creating products rather than a niche site as a business venture
- My progress with Amazon FBA in the past year
- Lesson learned: Only pursue things that will lead you to where you want to go
- Other recent changes in my business
Overall, this is a reflective podcast as I look back over working on my business for the past 5 years. I've learned some lessons and hopefully this podcast inspires you to go out and create your own successful business.