117+ Engaging Instagram Threads Ideas & Best Practices to Grow Your Following
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Instagram Threads is the latest social media platform to hit the scene, and it's a lively and exciting place for friends to interact. To help you get started and prevent you from missing out on this new platform, we share some Instagram Threads ideas to help you grow your following.
We'll also discuss some Threads best practices to help make sure you're creating posts designed for maximum engagement.
- Instagram Threads Ideas
- Additional Instagram Threads Ideas
- Instagram Threads Best Practices
- Instagram Threads Ideas In Conclusion
Instagram Threads Ideas
Instagram Threads is a text-based conversation app, and this definition alone should help inform your strategy for the platform.
Mark Zuckerberg and his Instagram team built Threads as a Twitter (or X) alternative, and there has been notable excitement with how the new platform has grown so quickly.
This means that a lot of eyes and attention are being placed on this platform and the new creators growing it from the ground up.
From professional to funny, below is a long list of Instagram Threads ideas to help inspire you and jumpstart your social media strategy for this platform.
Whether you jumped on this new platform right away or are a casual poster, Instagram Threads is an exciting platform for reaching a new audience.
Let's discuss our long list of ideas below.
Post as a Thought Leader
Even if you already know how to become a successful Instagram influencer, there is a lot to learn when mastering this new Threads platform!
Posting as a thought leader is one of the best ways to establish authority and cultivate an audience in a particular niche. This style of posting involves sharing your strong opinions on various topics.
Here are a variety of topics you can post about in the manner of a thought leader:
- Social media marketing
- Direct mail marketing
- Digital advertising
- Print advertising
- Marketing trends
- Public relations
- Building websites
- Blog writing
- People management
- Communication skills
- Social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Adobe programs like Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and more
- Microsoft Office programs like Excel, Outlook, Word, and more
Even though Instagram and TikTok are titans of photos and videos, that doesn't mean you can't post pictures and videos on the Threads app! Visual elements are a great way to help your posts stand out in people's feeds.
Here are a variety of ideas for posts that are visually engaging for your audience:
- Repost your Instagram photos so your unique Threads users can see your images
- Repost your TikTok videos to the Threads app in order to share your content with a new audience
- Share relevant infographics, charts, and visual data in order to back up the point you're making in your thread
- Take daily pictures from your Instagram Stories and share them to Threads
- If you're a creative, share visuals of your creative process and final results
- Show your audience behind-the-scenes visual content from your daily life
What's the best way to start a conversation? Ask a question!
Whether you want to learn how to make money on social media or you're simply posting to grow your brand's following, creating conversation by asking questions is a great place to start.
We've listed a variety of questions below that you can ask your followers which are designed for maximum engagement on Instagram Threads!
- What is your favorite marketing trend?
- What is your least favorite marketing trend?
- How do you avoid burnout in your working life?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world that you admire, who would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- What is your least favorite social media platform?
- How do you stay productive during the workday?
- What is your favorite marketing campaign you've ever seen from a brand?
- What does your creative process look like?
- What's the craziest thing that's ever happened to you?
- Where is the best destination that you've ever vacationed to?
- What's your favorite restaurant in your home city?
- How do you dream big?
- What's your favorite tourist activity in your hometown?
- If you were an animal, which one would you want to be and why?
- How do you stay connected to your audience in today's virtual world?
- What's the best advice you've ever received?
- What's the worst advice you've ever received?
- How are you finding beauty in everyday life?
- What makes you smile big?
- What is your favorite coffee drink?
- How are you chasing dreams that you have?
- What is your favorite holiday to celebrate and why?
- If you had to live the same day over and over again, what would you do every day?
- How do you make sure you're living life to the fullest?
Give Your Audience a Prompt
Sometimes your friends need a spark of inspiration in order to start the conversation on Threads. Sharing prompts is a great way to engage other users on the platform.
Here are some great prompts to get your audience on Instagram Threads excited and engaged.:
- Word association games: start by providing a single word, and ask people to respond to the thread with the first word that pops into their mind. Choose keywords that are relevant to your niche.
- Share your best productivity tips
- Summarize your favorite TV show or movie in just one sentence
- Tell us what you would put in a time capsule for people to find 100 years from now
- Describe in detail the last vivid dream you've had
- Share your favorite meme
- Share your favorite GIF
- Show off what your workspace looks like
- Tell us your morning routine
Beyond sharing the above prompts to create posts that start a conversation on your Threads account, you can also share creative prompts.
A creative prompt can be used for both fiction and non-fiction forms of writing. They give you instructions and an idea of what to write, helping Threads users build a creative space on this new app.
Creative prompts should give you that spark of inspiration you need to start the conversation on Instagram Threads. You have the power to build a positive and creative space when you join Threads!
Here are creative prompts you can use to start public conversations and promote active engagement:
- Turn your resume into a thread about your life.
- Write about the biggest challenge you've faced in your professional life, including how you overcame it.
- Share your biggest failure in your professional life.
- Open the dictionary, and use the first word you see to create an Instagram Thread.
- Share your favorite cliche and why you think it makes sense.
- Post a cliche that you don't like and explain why you think it doesn't make sense.
- Write a poem about your favorite food or beverage.
Sometimes people look to other platforms to learn something new. This provides you with a great opportunity to share interesting facts that educate your audience.
Whether you want to learn how to make money on Instagram or are just posting on Threads to grow your brand's following, posting engaging facts is a great way to draw in your audience.
Based on what niche you occupy, here are a few Instagram Threads ideas of interesting facts you could share:
- Marketing data
- Consumer data
- Research around social media trends
- Facts about prominent entrepreneurs and celebrities
- Facts about popular companies and brands
Tell Engaging Stories
Storytelling is one of the best ways to build a lasting connection with your audience.
Readers feel connected when you share personal stories. It also makes you a more memorable influencer when you share stories that people can't forget.
You'll know you've told a great story when people want to share your stories with other Threads users!
Here are a few prompts for engaging stories you can share with your Threads followers:
- Share the biggest success you've had at work.
- Detail your daily routines to help educate and inspire people.
- Share your biggest achievement in your personal life.
- Be vulnerable about sharing a business failure that you've experienced in your life.
- Tell your Threads followers what you did this weekend.
- Discuss the best vacation you've ever taken.
- Share the wildest location you've ever visited.
- Open up about a difficult time in your life.
- Tell your followers about your favorite pet you've ever had.
- Share your earliest childhood memory.
Additional Instagram Threads Ideas
We have so many more Instagram Threads ideas to share! From Threads offers to memes, we have a variety of ideas for you to try.
Check out our continued list of miscellaneous content ideas below:
- Exclusive Instagram Threads offers
- Shoutout users on Threads
- Explain new features to other users
- Instructions for DIY projects
- Travel recommendations
- Book recommendations
- Reading lists by genre
- Podcast recommendations
- TV show recommendations
- Movie recommendations
- Music recommendations
- Article recommendations
- Fitness tips
- Wellness tips
- Fashion inspiration
- Decor ideas
- Restaurant reviews
- Inspirational quotes
- Positive affirmations
- Current events
- Trending topics
- Pop culture updates
- Cultural commentary
- Quick dinner recipes
- Easy lunch ideas
- Non-alcoholic drink recipes
- Creative marketing campaigns
- Throwback posts
- Role models
- Funny commentary
Instagram Threads Best Practices
When posting a new thread, here are a few best practices you'll want to keep in mind:
- Complete your profile: After downloading Threads from either the Apple app store or the Google Play store, you'll want to complete your profile to the fullest extent. This includes filling out your Threads bio, adding a profile picture, and including any relevant links.
- Post in the language of the platform: Even though there are other apps that are similar, each social media platform has its own language and cadence. For example, your captions on TikTok videos should be different than your posts on Threads. Your Threads presence should be different from your Instagram presence. You can even create exclusive content that can only be found on Instagram Threads.
Best Practices for Posting Content on Threads
- Consider your followers: Keep in mind that in the beginning, your Threads followers will most likely be people who already follow you on Instagram. This is simply due to the nature of the platform. However, this means that your audience on Threads could be very different from your audience on Twitter, at least initially. This may change as you grow your following organically on Threads.
- Add links where applicable: Give your audience a separate space to go to in order to continue the conversation or find out more information. This could be your blog, YouTube channel, online store, or somewhere else.
- Use concise language: Instagram Threads has a character limit of 500 characters. Even though this is different from Twitter and more restrictive than Facebook and Instagram, sometimes restrictions are the best prompt for creativity.
- Don't forget about photos and videos: Even though Threads is text-based, you don't want to forget about the visuals! Adding a picture or video to your posts can help you stand out on the busy feeds of this innovative platform.
- Make sure you're also engaging in productive conversations: Finding your own hidden gems to respond to is a great way to enable positive interactions on the platform and grow your audience. Just like how you want people to engage with your threads, you also need to engage with other people's threads. It shows the platform that you're an engaged user pushing forward on the platform.
Instagram Threads Ideas In Conclusion
As you continue to build your confidence level in posting on the app, we hope that these Instagram Threads ideas have given you the boost that you need to find success on the platform!
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations