How Matt Giovanisci Made $12k From His First eCommerce Launch With Almost No Marketing
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Today's guest on the Niche Pursuits podcast is Matt Giovanisci from Swim University and Money Lab. Matt is no stranger to Niche Pursuits, having been a guest several times before, and today, he's back to chat with Jared about setting up an eCommerce section on his website and much more.
eCommerce came into Matt's focus after Andy Humphrey used his website as an example during a past podcast episode on Niche Pursuits. Andy stated that Matt's site (Swim University) could make even more money with eCommerce, and 12 months later, Matt's back to tell the story of his success.
Matt talks about the essential things you need to know when setting eCommerce up — all the important nitty-gritty stuff you need to know about if you want to add eCommerce to your website. Furthermore, he talks about the future potential for his website moving forward.
In addition, Matt lasers in on the importance of branding, marketing plans, and having a story behind the products you're looking to sell. He highlights the process he took for launching his first eCom product and the steps involved.
Some Of The Other Things Discussed by Matt Giovanisci include:
- How he got into the pool industry
- Creating videos for YouTube
- Thoughts on using Amazon Associates
- How being called out on a Podcast got him into eCommerce
- Overcoming the fear of using eCommerce
- The number of units he purchased
- Type of product he sold
- How much investment did it cost him to get started
- His unique strategy for refunds
- Keeping his margins high
- When to add more products
- Does he whitelist his products?
- How much does he spend on Ads?
- Percentage of earnings from digital products, affiliate income, and eCommerce for Swim University
- Plus much more
There's a ton of advice and information in this episode. If you're like many other website owners looking for an alternative or additional income source, eCommerce is another option to increase your profit margins.
If done correctly, your profits can soar, and Matt has a lot to share on this and more.
As always, take notes and enjoy the episode.
Links & Resources Mentioned During the interview:
- Swim University®
- Death To Affiliate Marketing
- Podcast 135: Matt Giovanisci's Journey from Pool Guy to Massive Pool Affiliate Site - Niche Pursuits
- How Andy Humphrey Sells Non-Sexy E-Commerce Products In 2022!
Watch the full interview with Matt Giovanisci:
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- Avoid having your Adsense Account BANNED (Like I did, but got it back)