Greg Elfrink’s Tips On Buying & Selling Websites: Including 7 Figure Businesses
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Today’s guest on the Niche Pursuits podcast is Greg Elfrink. Greg has a background in SEO, content marketing, website building and has been the head of marketing at Empire Flippers since 2016 — today, he shares lots of tips and tricks on buying and selling websites.
During the chat, Greg speaks from experience about the importance of due diligence and evaluating websites before buying them. He details the buying and selling process, shares his thoughts on the need to have a degree of flexibility, and offers tips on what the seller should do to be prepared before selling.
In addition to the above, Greg makes some fascinating points about growth NOT being as important as a lot of people seem to think it is. He also shares what buyers are looking for when buying a website — even more important than growth.
The interview concludes with Greg talking about the asset flywheel approach, which he has popularised in the website buying and selling space. The asset flywheel approach is mainly about wealth accumulation, and it lays out a strategy for achieving long-term wealth through website assets.
If you’re a website builder looking for a strategy to make long-term wealth from an experienced buyer and seller, you might want to take some notes on this section because Greg lays it out for you.
Some of the other things discussed during the interview include:
- How Greg got into website building and selling
- The brief story of how he landed the job at Empire flippers
- Selling 7-figure businesses
- Splitting your budget after paying yourself
- The type of websites to target when buying
- Understand the Acquisition capital and how to budget for errors
- The importance of not diversifying too soon as a beginner
- Creating checklists before buying websites
- Getting accepted to list your website on Empire Flippers
- SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Buy, selling, buy, selling
- PBN Links vs. whitehat links and how it affects the sale price
- His thoughts on whether to go all-in on one website vs. having multiple projects
- Setting yourself apart from 90% of other sellers
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
- Empire Flippers
- Leveraging The Asset Flywheel To Build Wealth In Online Business (Asset Flywheel Video)
- Greg’s Email Address — [email protected]
- Empire Flippers Youtube Channel
- Greg’s LinkedIn
- Motion Invest
This Episode is Sponsored by: The Blog Millionaire
Watch the full interview:
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- Avoid having your Adsense Account BANNED (Like I did, but got it back)