7 Best Affiliate Management Software Options: A Detailed Review
When you buy something through one of the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the best affiliate management software!
My team and I have meticulously evaluated over 20 affiliate management programs, and we've distilled the list down to the top 7!
We looked beyond the glossy marketing pitches and into each platform's core, providing an insider's perspective on what truly counts.
We based our evaluation on several crucial parameters:
- Integration: How well the software plays with other systems.
- Tracking: The accuracy of attributing sales/actions.
- Features: The range and effectiveness of the toolset.
- Ease of Use: The user experience and learning curve.
- Customization: The software's adaptability to unique needs (commission structures and branding).
- Reporting: The quality and clarity of reports.
- Pricing: The balance between cost and value.
Are you ready to learn more? Let's go!
|Software||Who It’s Best For|
|Kartra||Businesses seeking an all-in-one affiliate marketing platform, including robust affiliate management features and marketing automation. Ideal for those who want to reduce the need for multiple separate software platforms.|
|Systeme.io||A small business seeking a budget-friendly all-in-one affiliate marketing software. Includes marketing platform, including affiliate management, funnel-building, and email marketing. Plus a free starting option.|
|Post Affiliate Pro||Your aim is to manage multiple affiliate programs, track affiliate performance, and assign commissions. Ideal affiliate software for those who want a comprehensive solution for every side of affiliate marketing.|
|PartnerStack||Businesses aim to manage multiple affiliate programs, track affiliate performance, and assign affiliate commission. Ideal for those who want a comprehensive solution for every side of affiliate marketing.|
|Trackdesk||You prefer a simple, intuitive platform for managing affiliate programs. Especially suitable for those who want easy integration with popular tech stacks.|
|AffiliateWP||WordPress users seeking a powerful affiliate management solution offering real-time data tracking and robust management features.|
|Tapfiliate||Marketers who want a simple and to-the-point platform. It’s light but stands out with its integrations. Best for smaller-scale to intermediate-scale businesses.|
It handles email marketing, automation, video hosting, funnel creation, and membership sites like a seasoned pro. But the centerpiece of today’s topic is its top-tier affiliate management capabilities.
Kartra gives you fine-tuned control over your affiliate program. Want to customize commission plans based on tiers, tags, or specific products? Consider it done.
Need to enforce certain rules or deadlines for your affiliates? Kartra handles that.
The affiliate program software even lets you manually approve affiliate registrations, so you're sure only the right individuals are waving your brand's banner.
Then there's the data. Kartra's granular tracking of affiliate sales lets you follow each affiliate partner's marketing efforts down to the last decimal point.
Speaking as a data junkie, that’s impressive. And let's not overlook the communication part. Kartra makes interacting with affiliates easy.
You can craft and schedule automated emails to keep your affiliates updated (and motivated.)
Plus, with the in-built calendar, scheduling is a walk in the park.
In a nutshell, Kartra takes affiliate management and gives it an easy-to-use, comprehensive upgrade.
You can try Kartra for 14 days for $1 – that's more than fair, in my opinion.
Pros and Cons
- All-in-one solution: Replaces other online marketing tools – it handles email, video hosting, landing pages, membership sites, behavior-based lead tracking, and more
- Comprehensive tracking and useful communication tools.
- I love the templates and constant improvements the product offers.
- It was easy for me to set up, but some of my colleagues said they needed help with the setup
- The price isn’t the cheapest. However, you eliminate existing subscriptions
Kartra's pricing begins at $99/month for the Starter package, offering up to 2,500 contacts and 15,000 monthly emails.
There are also Silver ($199/month), Gold ($299/month), and Platinum ($499/month) packages for larger contact lists and more emails.
Every plan comes with a 14-day trial for $1.
I've been exploring a tool making waves in the affiliate marketing world - Systeme.io. It's not just an affiliate management tool but a complete solution for online business growth.
One of the things I've found invaluable about Systeme.io is its affiliate management feature. It's like having a command center for your affiliate program.
You can track your affiliates, manage commissions and payouts, and even integrate your email list, payment system, and membership sites.
Beyond affiliate management, it offers features like email marketing, course hosting, and automation. This means you can manage most aspects of your online business within the same platform, saving you the hassle of juggling multiple tools.
Plus, it allows you to publish your offers on their marketplace, exposing them to thousands of potential affiliates.
But what sets Systeme.io apart is its simplicity. It's built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, which means it's designed with usability in mind. You also get a ton of value for the cost!
They even let you get started with Systeme.io for free – and you don't have to pay until your business starts growing.
Pros and Cons
- Easy tracking and management of affiliates
- Integration with your email list, payment system, and membership sites
- A marketplace to publish your affiliate offers
- An all-in-one solution for online business growth
- Nice affiliate dashboard
- Helpful tutorials
- If a business has complex needs, the simplicity of System.io might not be suitable
Systeme.io offers four pricing plans:
- Free: Allows you to send 2000 emails, create 3 sales funnels, and sell up to 10 products.
- Startup ($27/month): Unlimited emails, sales funnels, 10GB storage, 3 membership sites, and 5 products.
- Webinar ($47/month): All Startup features plus webinars, 50GB storage, 5 membership sites, and 15 products.
- Enterprise ($97/month): Unlimited products and membership sites, priority support, 100GB storage, and evergreen webinars.
Each paid plan offers a 14-day free trial.
As I began my journey with Tapfiliate, the first thing that struck me was the attention to user experience.
This is no small feat, considering the complex functionalities of affiliate management software.
Contrast this with other popular affiliate management tools in the market, many of which require a steep learning curve, and you'll understand why Tapfiliate is a breath of fresh air.
Competitors like Refersion, for instance, can feel intimidating to new users, while Tapfiliate keeps things straightforward.
Tapfiliate also has a wide range of integrations.
From Shopify to WordPress, PayPal to Stripe, Tapfiliate covers most of the platforms a modern business might utilize.
When providing assets to affiliates, many platforms treat it as an afterthought. However, Tapfiliate differs by making asset management a core feature.
This not only simplifies the distribution of promotional materials but also empowers affiliates to perform better.
Tapfiliate has a sweet free trial for Niche Pursuits readers - it's got our stamp of approval!
Pros and Cons
- Great balance between features and functionality, but you don’t feel overburdened by too many features
- No transaction fees
- The team listens to feedback and improves
- Broad Range of Integrations
- An accessible platform to house and manage your marketing assets
- Navigation and settings can feel a bit out of place
- Some users say the import feature needs improvement
- Users report bugs after API changes
Essential: $89/month - Partner Network, White label, Triggered Notifications, Multi-Level-Marketing, 2 Team Members. Start Trial.
Pro: $149/month - Everything in Essential + Partner Network, Custom Domain, 5 Team Members, Bonus Incentives, Custom Affiliate Onboarding.
Post Affiliate Pro
If you've been searching for an affiliate management software solution that merges technical acumen with usability, this one may pique your interest.
I was a little wary after trying multiple software solutions that were too complicated or just lacking the features I needed.
Yet, as soon as I started using Post Affiliate Pro, I could see it delivers where it counts without any unnecessary glitz (check out our Post Affiliate Pro review to learn more).
What sets Post Affiliate Pro apart is its comprehensive feature set, designed from the ground up for affiliate management.
It provides an extensive suite of tools to manage and excel in managing your affiliate program.
A couple of the standout features that deserve a shout-out:
- Direct Link Tracking: Your affiliates can link directly to your site without any additional parameters, making the links more SEO-friendly.
- Action Commissions: With this feature, you can set commissions for sales and any action (like sign-ups) you want your affiliates to perform.
But let's not forget the Fraud Protection, Multiple Currencies, and Multilingual Support.
Pros and Cons
- I like the setup – their team helps integrate for you
- Customers can send traffic before I approve their affiliate account
- Exact monitoring system
- There are no fluffy features; you get exactly what you need
- The purchase pixel was a little hard to set up
- Documentation could be better
- Pro ($97/month)
- Ultimate ($197/month)
- Network ($477/month)
Most recently, I've been exploring TrackDesk, a rather impressive platform giving competitors a run for their money.
TrackDesk is an all-in-one solution designed to simplify and optimize affiliate management.
TrackDesk sets itself apart with a user-centric, feature-packed approach to affiliate management. It delivers specifically tailored functionalities for different business models.
For instance, it caters to SaaS businesses with tools for managing recurring payments, proration, and subscription-level changes.
eCommerce businesses aren't left behind either. TrackDesk allows the customization of affiliate commissions according to unique business needs, backed by an automated tracking system.
And advertisers? You'll find flexibility in payment structures and robust conversion tracking abilities - a breath of fresh air in the advertising ecosystem.
Pros vs. Cons
- Quality reporting and insights
- Multi-tier commission feature
- Unified dashboard – this centralized view can help you make informed decisions quickly.
- Responsive support and helpful knowledge base
- They’ve recently rolled out a Youtube channel
- Many users report wanting more native mobile apps
- May lack advanced functions for complex use cases
TrackDesk offers a range of pricing options - the Basic plan at $99/month, the Pro plan at $249/month, and an Enterprise plan with custom pricing.
The versatility and features make it a strong contender in the affiliate management space. But, as with everything, give their 14-day free trial a whirl to ensure it meets your specific needs.
What sets PartnerStack apart from other affiliate management software is its all-encompassing approach. It doesn't just cater to one type of partnership; it embraces them all - affiliates, referrals, and resellers.
But the real magic of PartnerStack lies in its automation and scalability. It's like having a dedicated team that tirelessly promotes your program, discovers and invites partners, and even equips them with the resources and training they need.
How about performance optimization and tracking? The platform provides detailed reports on revenue, rewards paid, lifecycle stages, and more. So you can zoom in on every aspect of your partner program.
And let's not forget about PartnerStack's reward system. It calculates what partners are owed and pays them all at once. No more late-night number crunching or worrying about missed payments.
PartnerStack plays well with others. It integrates with most common marketing, sales, and business intelligence software.
And if you're dealing with a complex affiliate program, you'll appreciate the customer success reps who are always ready to find workarounds.
Pros Vs. Cons
- Awesome step-by-step onboarding process
- Dual functionality: affiliate management platform + marketplace provides
- Marketplaces houses many high-paying B2B affiliate programs
- The support team is responsive and helpful, which is always a plus
- Somewhat limited payment options compared to other platforms
- Some claim discrepancies in tracking and reporting
Partnerstack pricing plans are 100% personalized. To access pricing, reach out to Partnerstack here.
AffiliateWP is a powerful and easy-to-use affiliate management solution built specifically for WordPress. When I started using AffiliateWP, it felt like a familiar friend.
As a big fan of WordPress, I was thrilled to see how well AffiliateWP integrated with my WordPress dashboard. It didn't feel like an add-on but a natural part of the WordPress environment.
This smooth integration is a real bonus for WordPress users like me - I've always found the disjointed interfaces of many affiliate platforms frustrating!
Now, let's talk about data. It's the backbone of any affiliate marketing program, and AffiliateWP handles it brilliantly.
When you log in, you see up-to-date data on referrals, visits, and earnings - neatly displayed within your WordPress dashboard.
Unlike other platforms that can be slow or confusing, AffiliateWP provides clear, real-time reporting that's easy to understand.
Another great feature of AffiliateWP is its excellent affiliate management.
From registration and managing affiliate URLs to accurately tracking referrals, AffiliateWP gives you full control.
But it's not just about control. AffiliateWP helps build strong relationships with affiliates. The clear tracking and automatic payout services build trust, encouraging affiliates to do their best.
It’s a win-win situation that other platforms often miss.
While AffiliateWP might not be the right fit for everyone, for those using WordPress, it's a powerful tool that's hard to overlook.
Pros vs. Cons
- A seamless WP experience
- Supports popular WordPress plugins, simplifying workflow
- Whether e-commerce, membership, or digital goods, AffiliateWP caters to all
WordPress Only: If you're not on WordPress, this might not be your tool
- Personal ($149/year): 1 site, 17 official add-ons.
- Plus ($199/year): 3 sites, 17 official add-ons.
- Professional ($299/year): Unlimited sites, 14 pro add-ons, and future pro add-ons.
- Ultimate ($499/lifetime): Unlimited sites, 14 pro add-ons, future pro add-ons, lifetime updates, and support.
The Verdict: Best Affiliate Management Software
Alright, folks, let's get down to brass tacks. Every tool we've discussed here is a winner in its own right.
I'm not just saying that to be diplomatic - it depends on what you're looking for in your affiliate management software.
Let's start with Kartra. This is your all-in-one powerhouse. It's got everything you need, all under one roof. But remember, with great power comes a heftier price tag.
Now, if you're starting out or on a tighter budget, don't fret. Systeme.io is a fantastic affiliate marketing tool for beginners, offering a comprehensive suite of features without breaking the bank.
Then there's Post Affiliate Pro. This is your precision tool for affiliate marketing, all in a robust package. It's the choice for those ready to level up their affiliate program.
Want to learn step-by-step how I built my Niche Site Empire up to a full-time income?
Yes! I Love to Learn
Learn How I Built My Niche Site Empire to a Full-time Income
- How to Pick the Right Keywords at the START, and avoid the losers
- How to Scale and Outsource 90% of the Work, Allowing Your Empire to GROW Without You
- How to Build a Site That Gets REAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE (every. single. day.)
- Subscribe to the Niche Pursuits Newsletter delivered with value 3X per week
My top recommendations