I had the opportunity to interview Nick Loper of SideHustleNation.com and ShoeSniper.com, a short time ago.
I was excited to interview Nick because he has a great story of how he was able to take a little side business he started and develop it into something full-time. That business was ShoeSniper.com, an affiliate site selling shoes. What’s interesting about his strategy, is that almost all of the traffic is paid traffic…mostly from Google Adwords.
So, in this episode of the Niche Pursuits podcast, I let Nick tell his story of why he got involved in the shoe business, how much the site was earning at its peak, some of the challenges that he’s come across along the way, and what he is working on lately.
What’s Covered in the Podcast?
During the course of our interview, we covered a number of topics and questions; including:
- How an internship introduced Nick to online shoe sales
- The early days of Paid traffic – linking directly to merchants
- Why Nick shut down his old shoe website and started fresh with a new domain.
- The story behind ShoeSniper.com.
- Getting kicked out of Google Adwords the day after quitting his full-time job (ouch!).
- How he was able to build ShoeSniper.com to a $10k per month business at its peak.
- Is buying traffic still a viable option for affiliates?
- Nick’s newest project: SideHustleNation.com
If you want to follow along with what Nick is up to now, check out his blog at SideHustleNation.com. You can also follow Nick on Twitter: @nloper
Listen to the Podcast Here
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider leaving a review right here on my iTunes page!
Podcast: Play in new window
How Long Tail Pro Can Help You Capture Way More Search Engine Traffic
If your business could benefit in any way from getting more search engine traffic, I have some good news.
Search engines are in love with long tail keywords! If you are able to provide relevant content targeting these long tail keywords, then you can see a dramatic increase to the amount of traffic Google and other search engines send you.
Long Tail Pro is a powerful keyword research tool that makes finding these valuable long tail keywords a breeze.
What are “long tail keywords”? Essentially, these are words or phrases that people type into the search engines to find very specific things. Rather than searching for “dog training” a user might search for “how to potty train a pitbull”.
This is an example of a Long Tail Keyword. To visualize how Long Tail Keywords work...