The time has finally arrived! You can now make your “official” voice heard and decide my future over the next few months! As you can see from the poll above, I have listed several of the options that I have been blogging about in detail over the past few weeks. Now its up to you to decide which of these business ideas you would like to see me pursue over the next 3 or 4 months.
Here’s a quick video of me explaining the choices:
You can use whatever criteria you want to pick your favorite. You might decide that the one that has the most potential in your own mind will get your own vote. Or you might decide that the one you would like to see blogged about by me should be the one that gets your vote (even though it may have less monetary potential). The choice is yours. Overall, you need to decide which idea I will pursue from start to finish and share with you everything along the way! The voting will be up for 7 days, and you can vote multiple times. Vote for multiple ideas if you can’t decide or vote for one multiple times if you really want to see it.
In order to refresh your memory on all the ideas that I have written about over the past several weeks, I am writing a brief summary on each. You will notice that I did NOT include some of the ideas in the voting. The ideas that I did not include are simply ones that I decided not to pursue at this time – I will include more details in the descriptions below. The ideas are linked to the original post if you want to read more.
1. Selling Used Books Online. I like this idea okay. I know lots of people think its too much work and not passive enough, but I don’t care. I have done this in the past and have heard of people building up quite a decent business doing this. I personally enjoy going to thrift stores and garage sales scrounging around for hidden gems. Essentially I would buy lots of old books for cheap and then sell them on Amazon.com or eBay.com. I would utilize Amazon fulfillment as much as possible to make it more passive.
2. Selling Used Clothes Online. NOT INCLUDED FOR VOTING. I would buy used clothes at thrift stores primarily and sell either through eBay.com or my own website (if I grow it enough). I have decided again pursuing this idea simply because I don’t think I would enjoy it much at this time.
3. Storage Unit Auctions. Do I think this idea has passive income potential? No. Do I think this idea will be a big money maker? No. Would I enjoy trying this idea out? Absolutely! I’ve always enjoyed old “stuff” and particularly if its valuable. This would be a HUGE amount of work, but if you want to see this idea tried out by me – feel free to vote on it!
4. Developing a Mobile Phone Application. This idea is one that has both passive income potential and good potential for some serious income as well. The mobile phone app sector is growing rapidly and would be a great diversification opportunity from my current business. I would enjoy creating some unique apps and learning the process of selling these. I would definitely enjoy pursuing this idea and blogging about it.
5. Public Domain Works. This idea is simply taking works that have an expired copyright or are otherwise available for the public to use or resale. This could be books, plays, poetry, recipes, music, movies, cartoons, and much more. These works can be repackaged and sold as your own. I actually know of a few success stories and it would be interesting to see how difficult it would be to develop a winning product from public domain works.
6. Developing a Premium WordPress Plugin. There are millions of options here for plugins that could be created. The idea would be to create something unique and useful. This is an idea with real potential and would be less “labor intensive” as well. I have some experience outsourcing (including a failed wordpress plugin that I wrote about), so I’m well aware of the challenges and believe this time around would go much better.
7. Domain Flipping. Essentially, this idea consists of finding valuable domains that others are willing to pay for. There are lots of techniques which I discussed in detail in the post. I would focus on undeveloped websites – so I’d simply be selling domain names.
8. Niche Lead Generation. NOT AVAILABLE FOR VOTING. I did not include this idea because it is too closely related to my current business. Sure there are lots of way to market and build a niche lead generation site; however, the best option is organic search engine traffic. My entire business is search engine traffic right now, so I will not be pursuing this idea this time (maybe in the future).
9. Niche eCommerce Websites. NOT AVAILABLE FOR VOTING. This idea consists of picking a unique niche product and selling it online through drop shipping. I believe this idea has huge potential and is a viable pursuit. However, one of the main methods I would want to get traffic to the site is through search engines. Again, the whole point is for me to diversify my current business which is 100% reliant on search engine traffic. So, this idea is not available for voting this time around (perhaps next time!).
So, there you have it. Go ahead and choose your favorite idea that you would like to see me pursue. I will be leaving up the voting for about 7 days. You are able to vote multiple times if you choose to do so. Other than that, feel free to comment below…thanks!
© Copyright 2013 Niche Pursuits | Niche Business Ideas