First of all, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the great seed keywords that were submitted on my previous post here. I actually received 113 seed keyword ideas! Obviously I was not able to use all of those, but I do appreciate the enthusiasm.
The point of me gathering all of those seed keywords was so that I could then show on video how I go from a seed keyword to finding winning keywords that I could build a niche website on. Trust me that the chasm between seed keyword and niche site keyword is often a bigger gap than some people realize. However, in this very long video that I made this morning you will be able to see how I do just that.
I took the 113 seed keywords you submitted and randomly sorted them in excel. If I were to choose the seed keywords myself I would have skipped over a lot of these. But the point of this experiment here is to show that I don’t have some magic source of seed keywords that I go to in order to find great niche site topics. So, I took all the seed keywords (whether I felt they were good or bad) and used Long Tail Pro to generate additional keywords and then begin the process of narrowing those down.
I created Long Tail Pro for the reason that I was not happy with other keyword tools out there like Market Samurai (and other tools). Most keyword tools are not built to look at lots of different seed keywords quickly. What I do on this video that took me an hour and a half in Long Tail Pro would have taken easily 10 hours – simply because you can only enter 1 seed keyword at a time on Market Samurai. Anyway, the point is that I created Long Tail Pro for scratch to meet the needs of niche website creators like myself.
You also hopefully find useful the video because it shows how I think about keywords and how I decide if I can rank well for these keywords quickly in Google or not. So, all said and done I literally compiled the seed keywords this morning that you suggested. I then went through the process that I showed on video generating and looking for great seed keywords for about 1 hour and 18 minutes. In that period of time I found 16 keywords that I felt I could rank for in the top 10 of Google.
However, I then decided that a couple of these were either brand names or had no advertisers, so I would NOT target those keywords. Some of the keywords were borderline as to whether or not I would target those because I would only be on the bottom of the first page (if at all). So, I ended up with 6 keywords that I feel good about building sites on. Those keywords are:
- auto mechanic salary (2400 exact match search volume, $2.96 CPC)
- swing sets for kids (2400 search volume, $1.53 CPC)
- essential oil diffuser (1600 search volume, $1.10 CPC)
- led flood lights (4400 search volume, $3.46 CPC)
- led desk lamp (1600 search volume, $1.60 CPC)
- smart talk phones (2900 search volume, $1.80 CPC)
The keywords that I would MAYBE go after (these have potential but seem slightly more difficult):
- metal swing sets (2400 search volume, $1.27 CPC)
- fake security cameras (2400 search volume, $2.01 CPC)
- wireless ip camera (2900 search volume, $2.19 CPC)
- morgan silver dollars (2400 search volume, $2.26 CPC)
- led strip lights (2900 search volume, $1.49 CPC)
Other keywords I decided not to do:
- t2 tennis (brand)
- maplestory mechanic (no advertisers)
- halloween contact lenses (seasonal)
- mechanical engineer salary (competition)
Overall, I don’t know if I will actually ever build niche sites on these keywords because this information is now public. I imagine that as soon as people see this, these markets will suddenly be flooded with niche sites. So, while I WOULD usually buy up domains for at least the top 6 if I hadn’t have made a public video; I do not plan to build sites on these at this time.
Have You Tried the Fastest and Easiest Way to Add (Monetized) Amazon Images to Your Content?
AMZ Image makes it extremely fast and easy to add COMPLIANT Amazon product images to your content:
- Show great looking images directly from the Amazon API to help your visitors make a buying decision.
- Super simple interface: search for a product, click the image you want, and you’re done!
- Never “manually” add your affiliate link to your Amazon images. AMZ Image does it automatically.
Overall, I hope you enjoyed the video and please leave your comments below! The best part is that I was able to make the video, find these keywords, and add this blog post, all before lunch!
How I Built A Niche Site That Makes $2,985 Per Month
Want to start a niche site that can bring in $3,000 per month… or more? Here I discuss:
- The tools you’ll need
- How to start on a budget
- Best ways to generate an income fast