I will continue to build and grow my BestSurvivalKnifeGuide.com site and share lessons learned, earnings, and more. However, most of the “meat” of that project is complete; and so I'm looking to start hatching a new one.
However, I don't want to just pick another keyword and build another site in the exact same manner. I think doing something a little bit different would keep things fresh and exciting around here (that's what we're all looking for, right?).
So, the PURPOSE OF THIS POST, is to GET YOUR IDEAS on how I should tackle this new public niche site project.
I Need Your Input
In the comments section of my last post, I received lots of great ideas on how I should conduct this new project. So, I am going to list some of those ideas here. In addition, I am CERTAIN that some of you will have some additional stellar ideas.
First, I am going to list either ideas from you or a few that I've had on the new project. Then in the comments, I would like your feedback on the ideas you like and any additional approaches you would like to see.
Public Niche Site Project 2 Ideas
- Pick a new keyword, and build another site monetized by Amazon Associates, just like I did for Niche Site Project 1.
- Complete the project, just like I did the first time – but DON'T REVEAL the keyword or domain until its ranking on the first page of Google; or after its earnings some specified amount. This option of “Not Revealing” could be applied to any of the other options as well.
- Simply join Pat Flynn's Niche Site Duel 2.0 and participate in that. I am still debating whether or not to join this. I'm waiting until he has the niche site duel tracking website up before I make any decisions. I want to see how its going to be tracked, how it works, etc.
- Target a High-end Amazon product (perhaps something that costs over $500?)
Build a Google Adsense based site.I won't do this because I don't want to share my Google Adsense account publicly.
- Teach a student to build a niche site and coach THEM through the process, and share their success, reveal domain, etc. I would not personally work on the site, but would coach and record Skype sessions, etc.
- Target an affiliate product on Clickbank or some other information product.
- Build an affiliate site that uses traffic generation outside of search engines. This could be social media, forums, paid advertising, and more.
- Create my own product (outside of Internet Marketing) and use any traffic generation technique necessary to drive sales. In other words, search engines may play a minor role, while paid advertising via Facebook or Google Adwords could play a bigger role.
- Build an eCommerce or Drop-shipping site.
Which of these 10 options do you like? Do you have any other suggestions?
If I were to tackle one of the bigger projects, like #9 or #10; its possible that I would want it to “count” as my Niche Pursuit as well as a Niche Site Project. Because remember in addition to the Niche Site Projects, I want to document starting another side business (such as developing an iPhone app, writing kindle books, buying and selling used books, or more).
I will be looking for ideas for a separate “Niche Pursuit” in the next month or so. The last half of this year could get busy on this blog…
That's it. Let me know what you think in the comments below!