As the end of the year if fast approaching, I have started to reflect a bit on what I’ve accomplished in 2013. In addition, like many of you, I have started to think about what I’d like to accomplish next year and perhaps what some of my “resolutions” will be.
Today, I’d like to just briefly reflect on some of the happenings this year with my business and NichePursuits.com. In addition, I’d like to give some insight into what it’s like to have an online business during the Holiday season.
First of all, as I look back at the posts I’ve written on NichePursuits.com so far this year, I realize that I’ve done quite a bit! In addition, to various posts on SEO, online business ideas and more, I’ve posted on:
- Niche Site Project 1 – BestSurvivalKnifeGuide.com case study – I personally built a niche website from scratch for everyone to see.
- Niche Site Project 2 – aPennyShaved.com case study – I coached a student (Perrin) to build a niche website from scratch in front of everyone.
- Started the Success Stories series! Read many success stories from others building niche websites and more.
- Recorded several episodes of the NichePursuits.com Podcast.
Outside of of NichePursuits.com, I’ve built several niche sites not shared publicly here, and built out a couple of larger authority sites that I plan to continue growing in 2014.
Benefits of Working Online
As Christmas and New Year’s Day approaches, I likely won’t be getting as much work done. I have 3 children, and they are all off school for the next 2 weeks! Since I work out of my home, this presents some challenges for me to work effectively sometimes.
Want To Build Smart & Relevant Internal Links...Quickly?
Link Whisper is a revolutionary tool that makes internal linking much faster, easier, and more effective. It makes it simple to boost your site’s authority in the eyes of Google. You can use Link Whisper to:
- Bring out your orphaned content that isn’t ranking
- Create smart, relevant, and fast internal links
- Simple yet effective internal links reporting: what has lots of links and what pages need more links?
But, I’ll be honest, being able to work half a day or take a few days off whenever I want is pretty nice! One of the major benefits of owning your own business – and particularly an online business – is the ability to work when and where you want.
I truly feel fortunate to be able to have a light work schedule over the next couple of weeks so that I can enjoy extended hours with my wife and family. So, don’t expect too many posts from me in the next 2 weeks!
If my blog and the case studies I’ve shared has in some small way allowed you to have more flexibility with your time and a nicer income, then that would be the best accomplishment for NichePursuits.com this year for sure!
If you aren’t currently running your own business, I truly hope that someday you accomplish your goals and have the time and independence to spend more time with friends and family in the future.
Overall, as you reflect on what you’ve accomplished in 2013 so far, I hope it will help you plan for a prosperous future!