During the process of starting hundreds of websites, creating software, and starting other small businesses, I’ve come across several products that can save time and make your life a little easier as you try to create.
Some tools I like, and some I don’t. But below is a list of tools that I have used and recommend.
If you click the links and purchase these products, I get paid a commission (this is my full disclosure statement). Thank you!
Keyword Research Tools
- Long Tail Pro – I created Long Tail Pro, so I’m biased; but I believe it is by far the best keyword research tool on the market. I created Long Tail Pro myself because I was frustrated with other keyword tools on the market. Nothing really did exactly what I wanted it to do. I wanted to find lots of keywords quickly and to check for exact match domains automatically.
- Get $30 Off Your Purchase of Long Tail Pro Right Here! (This link is the only place on my site you can get this discount!)
- There are a number of tools out there that will help you find low competition keywords. There is the Google Adwords Keyword Tool, which is free. This is a great way to get started.
- Point Blank SEO – I recommend Jon Cooper’s course as the #1 link building training course on the internet. If you want to learn how to get links to your site, this course is a great “white hat” training that will get you real links that are effective.
- Rank Hero - This is a private content network of high quality websites owned by Hayden Miyamoto and I. We are allowing you to post content and get links from our sites. If you are struggling to get links “naturally” or want a way to scale a niche website business or if you just need some great quality links to your site, check out Rank Hero.
- Long Tail Classroom – I created LongTailClassroom.com to teach people how to truly find low competition keywords and analyze competition. I take a site from nothing to ranking #1 in Google; all on video. I highly recommend this training if you are interested in building niche sites.
WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Niche Website Theme – Not only did I create this theme, but it truly provides you with the ability to have complete control over customizing the look and feel of your site.
- WelcomeSplash – I created this plugin in conjunction with Chris Guthrie, in order to improve the opt-in rate on my sites. I went from an opt in rate of 1% on my blog to 7.9%. A pretty nice increase indeed.
- EasyAzon Plugin to create Amazon Affiliate links. I actively use the EasyAzon plugin on my public niche site project site. Its a huge time saver for finding Amazon products, inserting links, and managing them as well.
- TablePress – This is a free plugin to help you quickly create charts. I am often asked what I used to create the chart on my public niche site; well, this is it.
- All-in-One SEO Pack – I use this free plugin to create basic on-site optimization for my sites.
- Aweber – I use Aweber for the email marketing for my niche sites. I have been VERY happy with their service.
- TextBroker.com – I’ve used Textbroker on many projects to get content written for my niche sites and more.
- HireWriters.com – Another service I’ve used to quickly hire freelance authors. You are able to select quality level or hire authors directly to make sure you get the content you want.
- TweetAdder – Automate the process of building a Twitter following. I’ve used it, and its effective.
I wrote this free report to simply answer some of the basic questions that I have received on how to build profitable niche websites. This free guide discusses exactly how I make a full-time living online through building niche websites. It includes how I pick winning keywords, how I rank websites to get free traffic, basic tools I use, and how to have the right mindset to be successful in this business.
Get my Long Tail Handbook right here.
To Be Continued…
As time goes on, I’m sure I will add to this list of products that I use. However, these are the tools that I use most often in my day to day business right now.