During the process of starting hundreds of websites, creating software, and starting other small businesses, I’ve come across several products that can save time and make your life a little easier as you try to create.
Some tools I like, and some I don’t. But below is a list of tools that I have used and recommend.
If you click the links and purchase these products, I get paid a commission (this is my full disclosure statement). Thank you!
- Bluehost.com – One of the essential tools that you need to run your own website is a hosting service. I have used Bluehost since 2006 and have been VERY happy. Not only has their service been very easy to use and always kept up to date, but their customer service has been second to none. In fact, I have compared Bluehost directly with HostGator.com (another popular hosting company) and can tell you that in my humble opinion that Bluehost is MUCH better.
- Click Here to Get Bluehost at only $6.95/mth.
- WebHostingPad – Another cheap shared webhost that I have been happy with.
Keyword Research Tools
- Long Tail Pro – I created Long Tail Pro, so I’m biased; but I believe it is by far the best keyword research tool on the market. I created Long Tail Pro myself because I was frustrated with other keyword tools on the market. Nothing really did exactly what I wanted it to do. I wanted to find lots of keywords quickly and to check for exact match domains automatically.
- Get $30 Off Your Purchase of Long Tail Pro Right Here! (This link is the only place on my site you can get this discount!)
- There are a number of tools out there that will help you find low competition keywords. There is the Google Adwords Keyword Tool, which is free. This is a great way to get started.
- Landing Page Monkey – If you want to quickly create landing pages; including video landing pages without a monthly subscription, this is a great option. Landing Page Monkey fully integrates with all major auto-repsonders to help you quickly build your list. It also has full analytics on the backend so you can test multiple options.
- Point Blank SEO – I recommend Jon Cooper’s course as the #1 link building training course on the internet. If you want to learn how to get links to your site, this course is a great “white hat” training that will get you real links that are effective.
WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Thrive Themes and Content Builder – Perrin and I use Thrive Content builder on our Authority site to make great looking buttons, ratings and review graphic, and more. But Thrive also allows you to build landing pages, sales pages, use countdown timers and more…without coding experience. You can see how Perrin users the tool here.
- Niche Website Theme – Not only did I create this theme, but it truly provides you with the ability to have complete control over customizing the look and feel of your site.
- WelcomeSplash – I created this plugin in conjunction with Chris Guthrie, in order to improve the opt-in rate on my sites. I went from an opt in rate of 1% on my blog to 7.9%. A pretty nice increase indeed.
- EasyAzon Plugin to create Amazon Affiliate links. I actively use the EasyAzon plugin on my public niche site project site. Its a huge time saver for finding Amazon products, inserting links, and managing them as well.
- TablePress – This is a free plugin to help you quickly create charts. I am often asked what I used to create the chart on my public niche site; well, this is it.
- All-in-One SEO Pack – I use this free plugin to create basic on-site optimization for my sites.
- Contest Domination – I used Contest Domination recently to generate leads and sales for Long Tail Pro. This contest added thousands of new email subscribers and we generated LOTS of sales in a 72 hour special offer immediately following the contest (following the guidelines of Travis Ketchum as explained in this podcast). Contest Domination makes everything related to running a contest MUCH easier.
- Aweber – I use Aweber for the email marketing for my niche sites. I have been VERY happy with their service.
- TextBroker.com – I’ve used Textbroker on many projects to get content written for my niche sites and more.
- HireWriters.com – Another service I’ve used to quickly hire freelance authors. You are able to select quality level or hire authors directly to make sure you get the content you want.
To Be Continued…
As time goes on, I’m sure I will add to this list of products that I use. However, these are the tools that I use most often in my day to day business right now.